TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Big Question about development of Animation Lab!.
Read 1522 times
* July 17, 2013, 06:46:00 PM
Over the last week or so I have been trying to animate and render a model with over a thousand separate parts, and find that in wireframe mode it is not a problem, but becomes totally impracticable when using a reasonable lightworks rendering mode.

I believe that I have found out the reason why, firstly the first frame is rendered, and that is okay, but when it goes to animate and render the second frame, it is doing so in render mode.

After rendering the first frame, it should revert to wireframe, rotate the large number of pieces in wireframe(which is easy), and then render in full render mode, it should then continue this process with every frame.

Trying to rotate over a thousand parts while still in full render mode is totally impracticable.

Can we get some feedback from the developers in relation to scripts that could be implemented in the pre and post scenario section of the script editor.

Addressing this kind of scenario could change the time to render an animation with a large number of parts from days to hours, a massive saving and improvement in my opinion.

Incidentally, I have plenty of memory(32gb) so it is not a memory issue, and I could have rendered the four frames that I required, but was already 18 hours into the render with only three frames done when I aborted. I did the same frames by hand, by setting the animation to run one frame at a time in wireframe, and then rendering and doing a screen capture of each frame which I pieced together in some video editing software(This only took 3/4 of an hour!).

Some developer assistance on a potential script to do this with the method mentioned above would be appreciated.

Regards Mike Geraghty!.

July 26, 2013, 05:31:20 PM
I think the issue is that it renders first to the screen and then to the file. If it just rendered to the file it would speed things up.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.

* July 27, 2013, 10:30:23 AM
I tend to agree Mike, also if it rendered the screen, it could do a screen capture and save clipboard to a file also, as most animations will be within the bounding size of the screen.

I am hoping to get some feedback from an email I sent to Softdev about the RenderStyle and ChangeRenderStyle commands for a syntax example, but no luck yet and maybe will have to send another email as they are in Russia.