TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

"The resultant ACIS solid is degenerated..."
Read 2925 times
* July 15, 2013, 08:29:08 AM
Hi, I know there have already been topics on this error, but what I have tried still doesn't work. I am trying to add a rotated box to a TC surface in TC Deluxe 20, and I have extended the box further into the surface so it does not share common sides, yet the error still persists. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brent

* July 15, 2013, 09:53:45 AM
Really can't diagnose the problem without the drawing. Please post the .tcw file.

Henry H

* July 15, 2013, 10:05:05 AM
Well, after changing all the dimension sizes on my pevious issue, I was able to add them. However, I am having the same issue again combining a box to the TC surface, as well as another TC surface to it.

* July 15, 2013, 11:10:24 AM
Well, after changing all the dimension sizes on my pevious issue, I was able to add them. However, I am having the same issue again combining a box to the TC surface, as well as another TC surface to it.

I sure hope you made a backup copy of this drawing, 'cuz it looks as if your big, complex object is itself corrupt. While fiddling with the drawing, I found that if I 3D-Slice that object, the "Degenerated" message appears when I try to add the pieces  back together again.

Henry H

* July 15, 2013, 11:13:58 AM
That's definitely not something I want to hear... those are literally the last parts of the drawing I need to add to be finished with this. Will it cause problems beyond adding and subtracting, or can I just leave it how it is and have it built?

* July 15, 2013, 11:19:00 AM
That's definitely not something I want to hear... those are literally the last parts of the drawing I need to add to be finished with this. Will it cause problems beyond adding and subtracting, or can I just leave it how it is and have it built?

Turns out I was able to repair the part by opening in Pro, converting to Solid, applying SAT Healing, reconverting to TC Surface. Seems to work OK now in Deluxe. Modified file is attached herewith. Please let me know how you make out with it.

...BTW, this is yet another illustration of why I keep saying that almost any TCad Pro version is superior to even the latest Deluxe.

Henry H
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:21:27 AM by Henry Hubich »

* July 15, 2013, 11:26:49 AM
I still cannot add the parts, but I really appreciate you trying to help. So do you think I can just leave it alone and get the part built without those additions? Or would the part corruption cause other issues?
Thanks again,
Brent

* July 15, 2013, 11:36:16 AM
I take that back, somehow I accidentally opened the wrong project. Your solution worked great. Thank you very much

* July 15, 2013, 03:39:26 PM
I take that back, somehow I accidentally opened the wrong project. Your solution worked great. Thank you very much

You're welcome!

Henry H

* July 15, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
I'm intrigued, 'cos I thought Deluxe didn't have ACIS kernel, but it gives that error message?  I might've gotten the wrong end of the stick, but TC Mac has a mid-level version that has ACIS that's less exxy than Pro, that PC TCers miss out on.  It does STEP and IGES so it can exchange nurbs with other apps.  Geomagic/Alibre calls non-STEP, non-IGES "personal edition", and that's how I've always thought of Deluxe.