TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Surface Modelling Update
Read 3576 times
* October 17, 2009, 05:56:43 AM
Is there going to be an update soon?

Most wanted:  (1) Good help, including meaning of all input boxes, terminology, and procedures.  (2) Easier functionality:  I still can't get many features working.
(3) Little things, like having topo lines default to 0 instead of 1-inch, having point labels and elevations show up on screen (on their own layers), much more.

For the record, I'm a very experienced user of TurboCAD and other professional programs, including some that have similar functionality to surface modeller.  I am running TCAD 16 Platinum on Vista, with plenty of resources.  This add on fills a need and would be used often in lieu of a more complicated program if I just could depend upon it.

October 17, 2009, 08:28:36 AM
   I would vote for an upgrade with a view toward "usability" as well.  My thought is that the developer, used to the ways of his creation, might not see how difficult it is for the TC user to implement the features of Surface Modeler.  I confess I have stopped trying to use it, due to the steep learning curve, and baffling results I get.

Steven D. Thompson

* October 17, 2009, 01:42:22 PM
Yes there will.

Untill then please email me, [email protected], with any spicific "how to" type of questions.

Best Regards,
Jerry Simington

* February 08, 2010, 03:28:09 PM
My new email is [email protected].