TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Adjusting "Factor" of Camera Tools Movements
Read 2389 times
* May 21, 2013, 02:53:24 PM
Is there any way we can adjust the "factor" in which the Camera moves when using the Camera Tools (i.e.:  "Camera Left"; "Camera Down"; "Camera Turn Down"; "Camera Rotate Right"; etc.).  My install seems to be "set" at 22.5° increments, I would like something more like 5° movement increments.

(I don't know what the non-rotating movement increments are; but they are a lot bigger than I would like.  In my 700' x 300' drawing, each "lateral" Camera Tool movement-- or "click"--  seems to be about 360'.)

Thanks, Alvin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:02:32 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* May 21, 2013, 03:13:22 PM
See the Camera Properties page in the Wiki. There's a chart of values for the "UP Vector" at 5°.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 21, 2013, 03:21:44 PM
See the Camera Properties page in the Wiki. There's a chart of values for the "UP Vector" at 5°.

Okay.  Thanks a bunch John.  (And... if you had anything to do with producing and posting that Wiki article, Thank You [or whomever] for that, as well.)

I'll have to study and work with what that Wiki article is detailing; but I know I'll get it, and it will serve my request.

----
Any input on the other issue:  How to adjust the increment value of the "non-rotational" Camera movements ("Camera Right"; "Camera Down"; etc.)

-Alvin

[Edit:]  And no way to change some setting somewhere to change both of these "factors" (rotational and linear Camera movements), when using the Camera Tools?-- without having to go into the Camera Properties page and type in values?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:44:56 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* May 21, 2013, 03:57:07 PM
I haven't used the Camera Tools that much, so I'm not any help there. As far as I know, there's no setting in the INI file (TCExplorer).

A caveat on the Charts. They were made for when you're in Plan View.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 21, 2013, 04:07:49 PM
I haven't used the Camera Tools that much, so I'm not any help there. As far as I know, there's no setting in the INI file (TCExplorer).

A caveat on the Charts. They were made for when you're in Plan View.

RE: "A caveat on the Charts. They were made for when you're in Plan View."

Yes, I just figured that out.  Thanks John.

I think I'll rely more on the Walkthrough Tools for smaller-increment movements; unless Darrel* or someone else offers something here (regarding adjusting the Camera Tools movement increments).

-Alvin

(*recently, Darrel Carl Durose commented that he is happy with TurboCAD's Camera manipulation abilities; which gave me newfound confidence in them.  Maybe he has something figured out on this subject.)

Alvin Gregorio

* May 21, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
Drag the "Scroll Speed" slider to the left.

Henry H

* May 21, 2013, 07:27:01 PM
Drag the "Scroll Speed" slider to the left.

Henry H

PERFECT!!

That's one of those "how did I miss this?" things.

Thanks Henry.  I'm sure there are others that are following this Topic-- or will come across it in the future--  that will also find that to be very helpful.

I'm sure this will greatly alleviate my poo-pooing of TurboCAD's Camera manipulation abilities.

"Don't know how I missed (or didn't think to try) this".

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* May 28, 2013, 10:16:13 AM
I want to Thank You again, Henry for reminding me about the Scroll Speed setting in Camera Properties.

What once used to be so aggravating and frustrating to me (moving around and viewing my architectural models, as I want to), has become a complete pleasure-- especially when I leave the Camera Tools and Walkthrough Toolbars floating in my Desktop.  (except for the fact that I am working in Deluxe, with its very limited 3D Modeling capabilities, as compared to Pro- even my version-11-Pro.)

I am so glad I asked the question, and got your response, Henry.  3D Modeling in TurboCAD has become kind of fun now.

-Alvin

(I wonder why no one brought the Scroll Speed adjustment up when I Posted my "better Camera manipulation abilities" Topic in the Wish List Forum-  with a lengthy diatribe-  a few months ago.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:18:53 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* May 28, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
I want to Thank You again, Henry for reminding me about the Scroll Speed setting in Camera Properties.

What once used to be so aggravating and frustrating to me (moving around and viewing my architectural models, as I want to), has become a complete pleasure-- especially when I leave the Camera Tools and Walkthrough Toolbars floating in my Desktop.  (except for the fact that I am working in Deluxe, with its very limited 3D Modeling capabilities, as compared to Pro- even my version-11-Pro.)

I am so glad I asked the question, and got your response, Henry.  3D Modeling in TurboCAD has become kind of fun now.

-Alvin

(I wonder why no one brought the Scroll Speed adjustment up when I Posted my "better Camera manipulation abilities" Topic in the Wish List Forum-  with a lengthy diatribe-  a few months ago.)

Hey, you're welcome, Alvin!

Henry H