TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

"Locking" Position of Toolbars and Palettes within the TurboCAD Desktop
Read 2308 times
* March 30, 2013, 12:23:31 PM
Just getting used to having/working with a second monitor (I ended up going with an ASUS VE278 27"; 1920x1080; 60hz; 2ms- $350; I would have liked more DPI, but $$$....) .

Is there a way we can "lock" Toolbars and/or Palettes locations, relative to the TurboCAD Desktop? (as opposed to my computer's desktop)

----
Example of issue:  If I am working with TurboCAD on my primary Display only, and have floating Toolbars and/or Palettes located to the left and right (respectively) within my TurboCAD Desktop, and then I drag the TurboCAD Desktop over to my second monitor, the floating Toolbars and Palettes stay over on the primary Display, thier position the same relative to that primary Display, not relative to the TurboCAD Desktop.

----
Any remedy that anyone know of?

Thanks, Alvin
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:26:49 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 30, 2013, 12:55:23 PM
I don't know of any remedy, but attached is what I have V19 Deluxe set up as on 2 24" monitors. The palettes "stay put" in right-hand monitor. I use the Tools palette instead of a multitude of toolbars stacked up all over the place. 

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* March 30, 2013, 01:44:31 PM
I don't know of any remedy, but attached is what I have V19 Deluxe set up as on 2 24" monitors. The palettes "stay put" in right-hand monitor. I use the Tools palette instead of a multitude of toolbars stacked up all over the place.

Thanks for sharing that John.

Coming from version 11, I'm not used to using that Tools Palette.  It is set up in one of the config. files that came with the ver. 19 Deluxe install; I thought it looked kind of "hobbyist" or "non-professional" so I quickly discounted it as something that I wanted to try using (though I also thought/think it looks kinda' cool).  Maybe I'll try working with the Tools Palette for a while.

I use the other Palettes (usually: Selection Info, Blocks, Design Director, Layers) like you do, over to my left, on my laptop's built-in display.

Unless someone else has some input as to rememdy the floating Toolbars position (as I originally Posted), I think I'll have to leave them docked, if and when not using the Tools Palette.

Thanks John.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 31, 2013, 11:39:11 AM

John (or whomever else can answer this), Is there any way to get the Tools Palette to dock on the left side of the TurboCAD desktop?

(I'm really used to all those Tools being over there.)

Thanks, Alvin
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:53:52 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* March 31, 2013, 11:43:42 PM
I don't see any way of doing this without the stickers. This BUG affects all editions of V19. Will the company fix this BUG now that V20 is out? I have my doubts, though they did Patch an earlier version once before. If you have an earlier version of V19, the stickers may be available. I found a copy of V19.0.17.3 on an old computer and that had stickers.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 01, 2013, 06:21:34 AM
I don't see any way of doing this without the stickers. This BUG affects all editions of V19. Will the company fix this BUG now that V20 is out? I have my doubts, though they did Patch an earlier version once before. If you have an earlier version of V19, the stickers may be available. I found a copy of V19.0.17.3 on an old computer and that had stickers.

Thanks for the info John.  I had the earlier version 19 (trial period) that had the stickers, for a while, back in August/September.  There were so many issues back then, I wouldn't want to trade for them, just to get the ability to dock my palettes on the left side.

It's all about money (most things are).  If IMSI/Design had/made more money, they could dedicate more resources to fixing the bugs of the other-than-the-most-recent version-  among other things (like updating and correcting the Help).

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio