TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Unchecking "Enable Multiline" clears the screen
Read 2131 times
March 19, 2013, 07:52:33 PM
Trying to follow along with the user's guide for doing Ruby scripts.  I wrote one in a text editor and it loaded just fine, but when I try to write to the Ruby console and evaluate, it just clears the screen.  Anyone know how to make this work?  Using v18.2

Brian Yates
TCPro plat v18.2
TCPro plat 2016
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 950

* March 28, 2013, 05:51:43 AM
Trying to follow along with the user's guide for doing Ruby scripts.  I wrote one in a text editor and it loaded just fine, but when I try to write to the Ruby console and evaluate, it just clears the screen.  Anyone know how to make this work?  Using v18.2

Hi bebo,
Are you defining a function “def” command? If so >
> enable multiline > Create your script > click evaluate > then un-check multiline then type in your “def” command > enter
If you’re using variables > create the formula > then just click evaluate.

The help file appears to have missed the step of clicking evaluate while the function is still in the input panel before you un-check multiline.

I'm using V20 now and they have re-structured the ruby scripts by putting "TC" in front of the function but you can still use the older scripts that start with "SU".
The one thing I'm not happy with is the ruby console dialog in V20 doesn't stay on top Turbo's window. Everytime I click in turbocads Ui the ruby console disappears. It's not like this in V18. very un-intuitive if you ask me. :o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:55:04 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

March 28, 2013, 05:08:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback i'll see about updating the help and what we can do about providing a way for the console to retain focus.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

March 29, 2013, 04:33:28 PM
Dean, you're the best :) ;) :D ;D ;D
Dave, it warms my heart to see this forum working exactly as it should.  Thank you

Brian Yates
TCPro plat v18.2
TCPro plat 2016
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 950