TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Window Profiles Instructions
Read 1628 times
* February 25, 2013, 09:16:33 AM
Can someone please point me in the right direction for instructions on creating window profiles in TC 19.2 Pro/Plat?  The instructions I find in the Help/TurboCAD Help Topics on the menu bar seem to have some steps missing.

TurboCAD 21, Pro, Plat

* February 25, 2013, 11:48:54 AM
I don't use Profiles for Windows, instead I use the "Blocks" option introduced in V18. Set your Window width/height in Properties so that the Style preview matches the window being worked on.
  • I create a 3D pattern to be used in the window. Delete the 2D profile, move the object to 0,0,0 and save it as a Block.
  • Go to the Window Style you want to apply this to and click on Blocks in the Design section.
  • In the Custom Blocks dialog, click "Add".
  • In the Custom Block dialog, select your newly created Block from the Block list.
I use "Scale to Fit" so I could use this in a different sized window.
I used "Center" for all the "Insertion Points" because I created the Block at 0,0,0.
I assigned it to the "Inside" Frame Component. If I had a Window Type such as Double Hung or Double Casement, I might choose Window Component. "All" applies the Block to both panes. "Single" will apply the Block to the pane specified; 1 or 2.
Finally, apply a material.

Hope this helps.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* February 25, 2013, 03:27:09 PM
Thanks, John.  I went from v17 to v19 and didn't know about the blocks feature.  I will try it out.  I really appreciate your help.

TurboCAD 21, Pro, Plat

* February 26, 2013, 01:08:58 AM
You're welcome.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* February 26, 2013, 06:16:18 AM
Hi John, how is the window displayed in a section or a floorplan?

Michael

* February 26, 2013, 01:11:51 PM
re: …how is the window displayed in a section or a floorplan?

Good question. Looks like any window from what I see.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* February 27, 2013, 02:53:06 AM
See, and there we have one my big pet peeves showing it´s ugly head again. The window is displayed as if it went all the way down to the foot of the wall. We should at least see the lines that are created by inserting an opening. I am not even talking about window sills here. It´s annoying that I have to draw all those lines for openings by hand after inserting a custom window into a wall. Marek had created a work around, but IIRC it was a bit complicated.