TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Extract from Drawing - Paper Space Reodereing
Read 1431 times
* February 15, 2013, 06:38:35 AM
I created a new blank drawing and then extracted everything from an existing drawing into the new drawing.

A funny thing happened ... my paper space tab order was reordered. I can't see any particular logic to the re-ordering sequence it arranged for me.

Have others experienced this?

How do I keep the tab orders the same?

Any ideas?

Thanks

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

* February 16, 2013, 12:42:14 AM
Not sure, but isnt it easier to save the drawing with all the settings you want as a template file?

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* February 16, 2013, 01:09:56 AM
Did you untick the paperspaces ?

Torfinn
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:08:31 AM by torfinn »

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* February 16, 2013, 01:29:45 AM
I created a new blank drawing and then extracted everything from an existing drawing into the new drawing.A funny thing happened ... my paper space tab order was reordered. I can't see any particular logic to the re-ordering sequence it arranged for me.
If your referring to the tabs below near inspector bar you can rename or pull the tabs left to right to the desire sequences and I would save it so it retains.This works in 11.2

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 16, 2013, 04:06:41 AM
@ torfinn
I do this from tie to time to clean up buggy behavior of an existing drawing. ( I also do a SaveAs to a new name) Sometimes it seems that the clean up behavior works different depending on which debug procedure I use.

So then, I need all these paper spaces to come into my new drawing.

@ WD
I have 48 paper spaces for my projects various objects and details. Dragging these tabs is a real pain since I cannot see what the tabs are because they are so small. ( See my earlier post about a wish list item to be able to right click on a paperspace and use the pop up dialog to drag paperspaces to the desired list order)http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,10870.0.html

@ nikki
A template is another "thing" I will add to my list of debuggifying a drawing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:08:40 AM by 3acorns »

V 11.2 Professional Win xP