TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

extending lines
Read 1127 times
* February 09, 2013, 05:48:42 AM
is there a way to extend a line to a construction line? I can extend by dragging an endpoint node, but would be nice to just use the extend tool.

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

* February 09, 2013, 07:15:19 AM
I think the closest you'll get in the "Line Length" tool on the Modify menu. It will get you close, but it's not exact. If you need your extended line right on the $Construction line, overshoot the $Construction line, then use the "Object Trim" tool to cut it back.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 09, 2013, 11:38:37 AM
Thanks. I do the trim to const line with angled lines. I will use it with oths too. That is really strange how it will trim against a constructino line but will not extend to one.

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

February 09, 2013, 12:10:06 PM
I rarely use actual construction lines.  They are so limited.
I place  the geometry that I use as construction  elements on a level of their own
I have a drawing template that is already pre loaded with all my preferred parameters  and there are layers already set for notes dimensions construction and invisible crap.   

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum