TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

CAM tooling question
Read 2756 times
February 05, 2013, 02:49:55 PM
I am still using V14 TC CADCAM although I have V16 TC but not updated.

1. Can I copy tool lists from my laptop to my desktop?
2. In the tool data base, definition feild, there is 'CC' I take it, this is 'center coolant'?

One day I will update.

TC2015 Pro Platinum.
TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 64 bit. TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 32 bit CADCAM.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
TurboCAD LTE/DoubleCAD Pro V7.
TurboCAD Deluxe V21 64 bit.
VISI 21 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

* February 06, 2013, 07:00:56 AM
Ahoy Hoy Steve
I havenít found a way to copy all the tools in the Tool Store if thatís what youíre referring to I donít see a need  at my end. On the other hand if you want to save or print tools on current project youíre working at the moment in the following attachment there is an assortment other options available. I think CC stands for Center Cutting which applies to a certain kind of end mill.

w.d.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 06, 2013, 09:08:14 AM
WD Thanks for the reply. As for CC being Center Cutting, your right. I remember now. Yes there are some end mills that allow for this and some that do not and if they do, it is allowed for in the g code by having the cutter do a spiral cut entry into the job or ramp in. My prefernece is to allow for ramp or spiral in as it is easier on the cutter - even for slot mills where possible.

I have been using (still am) Vero Visi 19 and 20 (new) for the past year but have now been doing some private work again so I am getting my head back round TC CADCAM. Even though I have version 2 or 2.5 and it is soley 2 1/2D it is a damn good little program. I have a couple of programs that I have done recently and I am going to put them into a Mitsubishi controller on an Akira Seiki VMC - I'll post back how it goes. The Mitzi use Fanuc so it should not be too much problem.

Time for me to spend more time back on this forum!

TC2015 Pro Platinum.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
VISI 21 CADCAM

* February 06, 2013, 01:03:44 PM
Hey Steve

Lot of shops here in the U.S. seems to favor Haas & Mazak along Swiss machines,But my favorite which is a Mazak Integrex kind of two machines in one Turning & Milling. Trying to find a shop that has one in my area like to get some experience with it. Around 1983 I was programing Mazak VTC20/40 which is gantry type machine (Jig Mill).

Went to another shop it uses Mazak VTC 20B Vertical Machining Center which was traveling column machine.Move into another shop did programming for a Fryer Easy Turn Lathe, which can be used in CNC and Manual mode Now back manual machining on Bridgeport knee mill and 20inch swing engine lathe as model maker.

The CNC machines I was using had there own CAM system which pretty cool to work with so I had no need for TCC.I tried the trial version of Edge Cam years ago when the interface was different. I like pretty user friendly back than.Don't about it these days, Can you share some pics on the projects your working I'm sure Ken & I would like to see what your machining up on your machining centers.At your leisure you might explore the TurbocadCam forum I made few sample videos for Kai on programming operations and tips you may find interesting.Its good to see you stop back in the forum again. Few screen shots of the machine tools over the course of my career to give some sort of idea not necessary those particular machines but ones just like them.

w.d.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

February 06, 2013, 11:13:54 PM
My very first involvement with CAM was waaayyy back in the 80's with a Mazak slant turn 30hp. It was good. Had its own programing and was simple. It was later years I then learnt to operate a techno wood cnc for a small shop between jobs and used Rhino CAM. It was trip to IMSI some years back that I got TC CADCAM and got my head round that and did some programs for work I was doing to help toolmakers using Haas VMC's. Went good.

The Akira is I understand US designed, but built in Taiwan. It goes really well. This particular machine has an 11000 rpm spindle. If I had $100k I would would buy one! It has a BT30 spindle as we only do small tooling for the electrics business (Tait Communications - where I now work).

I will let you know how I go with TC CADCAM into the Akira. I will take a look for those vids too. Thanks!

TC2015 Pro Platinum.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
VISI 21 CADCAM

February 07, 2013, 10:36:59 PM
Ahoy Hoy Steve
I havenít found a way to copy all the tools in the Tool Store if thatís what youíre referring to I donít see a need  at my end. On the other hand if you want to save or print tools on current project youíre working at the moment in the following attachment there is an assortment other options available. I think CC stands for Center Cutting which applies to a certain kind of end mill.

w.d.

WD, I think I have found how to do this. In the main folder of TC, there is a sub directory named CAM, within this is Tools which has a file named: Tools.mdb. I am going to try a file copy/paste ad see what gives. I will do a backup of the file first. Stay tuned on this.

TC2015 Pro Platinum.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
VISI 21 CADCAM

* February 10, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
Steve

I looked over the suggested file you mention,it might be a database file which if you have Microsoft Access or some other software maker may open it but I'm not sure

February 11, 2013, 09:41:09 AM
You can copy your tools database  & machine setup folders over. they are located in the c:/program files/IMSIDesign/TCWP14/CAM. The files you need will be located under "Code System" & "Tools".

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||