TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Linear Copy along vector
Read 1010 times
January 30, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
How do you linear copy at an angle?

toolman59

toolman59
TC 19 DLX
Win 10 Pro 64bit

* January 30, 2013, 11:59:30 PM
If I understand correctly, set the workplane correctly (ie world if just 2D), either snap the dotted ref line to something, or type in an x,y,z as necessary,
but not sure I'm uderstanding your wishes correctly.

Edit - just been thinking about this some more, and say copying a line at a 45 degree angle 0.5 apart, given that just entering x=0.5 y=-0.5 would give a need the distance apart of about 0.71 (distance corner to corner of the 0.5 square), I personally would draw a line the correct length and angle snapped to the ref point of the object then snap the dotted copy ref to its vertex, you can do it using maths (not my strong point) which in this scenareo would work out about (0.5 x .7071) x=0.35355 y=-0.35355 - end edit

others may know a better way

Andy
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:45:19 AM by Andy H »

January 31, 2013, 06:09:10 AM
You could rotate the screen so that your "angle" is   positioned along either the X Y or Z azis to the screen and hit Ctl V and then use one of those axii.

You could  draw  a line  so that it lay at the angle you want then use with a start and end point where you want the start & end  points of your copied entities to be, then use Linear Fit in the  Edit / Copy / Linear Fit  function.  No need to adjust the work plane when you have a line to follow.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

* January 31, 2013, 08:37:36 PM
Select, then edit|copy|vector, or keystrokes alt+e, y, v, then it calls for start point, so hit 's' which is arbitrary snap, then tab, distance, tab, angle, enter.  It's a one-shot, unless you macro-record the keystrokes or draw the angular vector and use the sin and cosine for linear, because there's no provision for multiples, and the selection focus has to be shifted manually one-by-one.