TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Remove items from Stretch
Read 5141 times
* January 30, 2013, 04:16:32 PM
With many selection commands I get to add and subtract objects from the selection set.

Is there a way to do this on a "Stretch" selection. Many tmes I do a stretch and want to exclude ojjects from the selection set, but stretch will not remove them from the selection

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

* January 30, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
Probably depends on your version, in v18 you could add / delete selections via button / shift key, prior to that version its not possible as far as I know, in v19 64bit its also not possible (looks like they forgot to add it to 64bit version), I don't know about v19 32bit.

Andy

* January 31, 2013, 02:38:31 AM
V19 has two stretch tools. The Stretch tool and Power Stretch tool

The Stretch tool works like it did prior to v18... while the Power Stretch tool works like it did in v18... confusing you say.  :)

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

January 31, 2013, 03:49:18 AM
Greg, where do I find the Power Stretch tool. I don't seem to have it on my versionn of TC19?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

* January 31, 2013, 04:08:09 AM
V19 has two stretch tools. The Stretch tool and Power Stretch tool

The Stretch tool works like it did prior to v18... while the Power Stretch tool works like it did in v18... confusing you say.  :)
Meaning only it stretches 2d and does nothing for 3d objects (Power Stretch tool) !!
Couldn't find anything relevant at TurboCAD 19 Users Guide web link more gear around  Tc LTE.
Fancy adjective best describes another stretch tool IMO

Its in the Modify menu Nick if not you have to drop & drag from the command tab

http://turbocaddoc.onconfluence.com/display/TCADLTE5/Power+Stretch

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 31, 2013, 04:12:21 AM
Greg, where do I find the Power Stretch tool. I don't seem to have it on my versionn of TC19?

Where it is in your installation and menu setup... I have no idea. I can't keep up anymore where they put things... I just create my own menu setup from scratch with each new version.

If you can't find it... add it yourself.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

January 31, 2013, 04:31:13 AM
Thanks guys. Found it under customize-command and dropped into my personalised toolbar. It seems to do the job just fine for 2D objects!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* January 31, 2013, 04:37:40 AM
 :)Wow guys - I am so glad that I posted and that you have such good info. I have remained on ver 11 because with each new release, TurboCad seemed to be just incorporating things that, while nice frosting, were not addressing what I saw as real needs of mine for production process efficiency.

For example:

the add and remove from stretch selections,

no leader lines and arrowheads format painters to keep me from having to open that properties dialog a bazillion times in a project,

the inability navigate the blocks listing by typing in the first few characters or by using the mouse wheel,

the inability of the blocks list display to remain sticky after dragging a block out to the drawing, and which required me to refind items in the list,

the super annoying small display list of items seen in the create and name view dialogs and the inability to navigate by scroll or by typing in the first few letters of the view and the inability to show a preview of the view, inability to modify the name property for a view ( I can rename a paperspace but cant rename a view??)

the inability to show, via dotted line or whatever, in the display a ring or bounding box around the various views,

The inability to relocate a view so that when I relocate the objects in the view, the view boundary can be relocated to.

etc ....

All that said, you have pointed out some features that now make me want to revisit and upgrade simply to get some of the features like the updated stretch, that will reduce some of my earlier frustrations with my existing ver 11.

Thanks again for the info. Heck maybe even some of my other frustrations will be gone via the upgrade too!

Oh I forgot to add "the inability to turn off a layer by clicking on an object placed on that layer"

& " the inability to drag a toolbar item from one toolbar to another and leave the existing on still on the source tool bar"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:29:07 AM by 3acorns »

* January 31, 2013, 11:02:04 AM
Where it is in your installation and menu setup... I have no idea. I can't keep up anymore where they put things... I just create my own menu setup from scratch with each new version.If you can't find it... add it yourself.
I got that when v19 was first release. Tools where topsy turvy.I hear W8 even worse

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

January 31, 2013, 12:56:46 PM
Oh I forgot to add "the inability to turn off a layer by clicking on an object placed on that layer"
3Acorns, ther is a tool that does this too which is called Zlayer.dll which can be added to Tc and does just what you want. It's something that I missed when converting from Autocad.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* January 31, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
My ver 11 tool bass do not have that on there. How do I get the dll? IS is an add in? From looking at the sdk it appeas that a dll once registered on my OS will insinuate itself into my existing tc install.

February 01, 2013, 01:51:47 AM
How do I get the dll?

Here it is . . . probably goes in Draggers or Regens folder . . . give it a try . . . as far as I remember, it does work!

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:12:24 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

February 01, 2013, 04:17:09 AM
I put it in the Draggers folder and it works fine in TC Pro Plat 18 and 19. It's one of those tools that I can't do without now!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:25:01 AM by Nickam »

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

February 01, 2013, 04:27:17 AM
I put it in the Draggers folder and it works fine in TC Pro Plat 18 and 19. It's one of those tools that I can't do without now!

and, so did I!  And, when I dragged it across my screen it created this . . . . wow!  ;D

Must get back to some serious work!

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:31:05 AM by Tim Stewart »

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

February 01, 2013, 04:36:08 AM
Wow!
I was about to say Tim that it didn't do that in my version but this ghosting problem seems to be apparent when moving toolbars around in some drawings and not others. It certainly ghosts when I have a much larger drawing open so could it be something to do with memory usage when having a large drawing open then dragging across the screen ?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

February 01, 2013, 05:00:43 AM
Wow!
I was about to say Tim that it didn't do that in my version but this ghosting problem seems to be apparent when moving toolbars around in some drawings and not others. It certainly ghosts when I have a much larger drawing open so could it be something to do with memory usage when having a large drawing open then dragging across the screen ?

Nick,

I think that it's nothing to worry about really, and is probably just related to the graphics card/system/memory when and how fast it updates etcetera.  If you keep dragging you find it will generally reset at some point.  I rarely drag my toolbars across the screen, so I'm unlikely to find this annoying.  I leave them (the toolbars) in fixed positions, where I can find them easily - I hope!

Regards Tim

* February 01, 2013, 06:35:52 AM
How do I get the dll?

Here it is . . . probably goes in Draggers or Regens folder . . . give it a try . . . as far as I remember, it does work!

Regards Tim

Is there any documentation out there? Who wrote this dll? anybody know?

UPDATE
http://www.bcitool.com/TCDRC/Pages/Page_00135.htm

I think I am misunderstanding what this thing does. I wanted to activate my stretch command, window my stretch area, exclude some of the selected items and then do the stretch.

This tool appears to be giving me the ability to turn selected layers in a regular selection set to the off position. It is inactive during the stretch command. ( I will sure use it for layers manipulation however and it looks like a good tool.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:56:08 AM by 3acorns »

February 01, 2013, 06:59:06 AM
It was in answer to your comment as above, and not the original post about the stretch. The Power Stretch Tool seems to address the problem of deleting from the selection set for the stretch command!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* February 01, 2013, 08:31:50 AM
 :)

OK Thanks