TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Zoom Suddenlty not working
Read 7368 times
* January 30, 2013, 10:47:06 AM
I am working on a drawing and all of a sudded it will zoom out but not in.

Any ideas.

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

January 30, 2013, 11:19:57 AM

Daz...
V2018 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows10 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* January 30, 2013, 11:36:03 AM
not even the menu comand for zoom in will work .. Zoom out works na the menu and the wheel.

On a new drawing they work .... is my drawing corrupted?? Is it a 2d 3d problems. I draw in 2d but maybe I hit some 3D button??

January 30, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
Sometimes copying your objects into a new drawing can help. It could be corrupt...

Daz...
OS Windows10 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* January 30, 2013, 11:46:16 AM
yup I have done that before. the copy and past to a new drawing was tried. Same probmer.

Rebooted. No Dice
Ran setup to repair. No Dice

I Think I have something drawing in 3d and that is causeing probkems. When I Select ALL and then try to move the selection it gives me a message that says something about selection an object in 3d changes it swork plane and that I was supposed to do a format Place on WorkPlane.

Tried that .. no help

I also include a screen shot of what happens if I try to past the selection to a new drawing
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:01:34 PM by 3acorns »

January 30, 2013, 12:07:53 PM

Daz...

* January 30, 2013, 12:09:16 PM
yup I have done that before. the copy and past to a new drawing was tried. Same probmer.

Rebooted. No Dice
Ran setup to repair. No Dice

I Think I have something drawing in 3d and that is causeing probkems. When I Select ALL and then try to move the selection it gives me a message that says something about selection an object in 3d changes it swork plane and that I was supposed to do a format Place on WorkPlane.

Tried that .. no help

I also include a screen shot of what happens if I try to past the selection to a new drawing

Don't worry about those messages; they do not signify a real problem.

Your problem sounds like "Space dust": one or more invisibly tiny fragments of drawing objects, typically zero-length Lines, that somehow exist way out beyond all the good stuff in your drawing. One treatment is to Zoom Extents, try to determine where the good stuff is located (usually along one edge of your screen or huddled in a corner), then draw a selection rectangle around the seemingly empty region to see whether you can snare anything. If you do, and it is really junk, then just delete it.

Henry H

* January 30, 2013, 12:45:22 PM

Don't worry about those messages; they do not signify a real problem.

Your problem sounds like "Space dust": one or more invisibly tiny fragments of drawing objects, typically zero-length Lines, that somehow exist way out beyond all the good stuff in your drawing. One treatment is to Zoom Extents, try to determine where the good stuff is located (usually along one edge of your screen or huddled in a corner), then draw a selection rectangle around the seemingly empty region to see whether you can snare anything. If you do, and it is really junk, then just delete it.

Henry H

NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!  :) ;D

GAWD that saved my bacon. I have been messing with this for 4 hours. I zoomed extents and then selected the white space and hit delete,. I did this for a couple areas and then everything reset!!! I did not see any handles though so it did not "look" like I snared anything but it still reset the extents and my image now zooms in and out.  Gotta remember this one!

Thank you so much.

January 30, 2013, 01:08:49 PM
Thats why I said select the objects and put them into a new drawing....should have said...don't use "select all"

Glad you got it sorted before your computer ended up through the window... :P

Daz...

* January 30, 2013, 03:56:34 PM
My drawing was so messed up and permanently zoomed out so much that there were no objects that could be seen and the extents measured about 10^7 that what my house plan took up. I knew the plan I wanted was  somewhere in the middle and so I just selected way outside that and deleted .. which apparently found the junk and deleted it making my extends re zoom and viola there was the plan again.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:39:28 AM by 3acorns »

January 31, 2013, 06:15:06 AM
"Space dust"

A frequent problem when I'm doing a lot of sketching of ideas  however I never thought to give it a name.  That's a good name.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

* February 01, 2013, 03:24:09 AM
I am working on a drawing and all of a sudded it will zoom out but not in.Any ideas.
Open the Tc Explorer palette and you’ll see a selection for Program Defaults select it and down at the bottom of the list Zoom In & Out Centralize. Double check to see if the check mark is loaded. Or you can do if from  Options+Program Setup+Preferences .Just double check there no conflictions in both places. If so load check mark in the empty one.
Zoom factor is around two.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2013, 06:14:40 AM
Here is my setup|Preferences dialog box. Version 11. I am not seeing your mentioned option and I guess all this ( and other comments about other topics) points toward spending $ for the upgrade.

February 13, 2013, 05:33:59 PM
I am working on a drawing and all of a sudded it will zoom out but not in.

Any ideas.

Sometimes  saving, closing, and reopening helps with hinky crap.
Sometimes placing the offending elements on the workplane helps.
Sometimes your program is corrupt and you gotta reinstal if that happens go find these two files after you get a good instal:

In Win 7  the path to the  directory will  be:
App data / roaming / IMSIdesign / turbocad / 16 / professional / profiles / built in
But you can just do a search and find them.

The files are
TCW16_xml.ini
and
desktop18.ist
If you have a different version of TC  you may have slightly  different names or maybe even different files altogether. I'm sure some one here can tell you what they are in Ver. 11 or TC  tech may be able to inform you.

Copy good versions of those to a folder you'll remember  Mine is right there in  the folder Built in and called Backup
When you system goes goofy just copy and paste the good versions to the  Built in folder overwriting the ones already there.

* February 14, 2013, 04:02:20 AM
Cant seem to find those for ver 11. If anyone knows could you please post/

Cliff, could you do a file open on the ini and xml files and just copy and pas the first 20 lines or so and I will look at and compare to what some of my tc xml files look like.... or just email me the files and I will do the compare.

Thanks

* February 14, 2013, 05:52:12 AM
Here is my setup|Preferences dialog box. Version 11. I am not seeing your mentioned option and I guess all this ( and other comments about other topics) points toward spending $ for the upgrade.
After discovering what version your in your latter posts disregard my comment,its not applicable in ver.11.2.The files that Cliff is referring is Hidden folder location on your machine.Depending on the operating system your using will also depends on navigational file path.So the thing to do to is open the folder on your machine and delete the ini.file and restart TC it will build a new file.It would help members and Beta testers if display the operating systems and versions of Tc your using on your PC to give helpful advice.If look over JohnR postings you can see his as example.Which can be done in your profile settings ;D

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 14, 2013, 05:58:22 AM
Yeah Win 7 and beyond has that file virtualization thing going on in those "hidden" folders. I know how to get to those on my win 7 machines, but I am on a win xP machine v 11

I will change my forum preferences now to show this on my posts...!

Here it is the wIN xP path to the files...

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\IMSI\TurboCAD\11.0\Professional\Profiles\Built-in\TCW11_xml.ini

The desktop.ist  is in that folder to.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:27:02 AM by 3acorns »

February 14, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
Cant seem to find those for ver 11. If anyone knows could you please post/

Cliff, could you do a file open on the ini and xml files and just copy and pas the first 20 lines or so and I will look at and compare to what some of my tc xml files look like.... or just email me the files and I will do the compare.

Thanks

Can't post 'em. The forum has a 20,000 character post limit and each is way over that.  Lets see if they will work as attachments

* February 14, 2013, 04:48:16 PM
thanks