TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

see through top
Read 1186 times
February 13, 2013, 07:28:24 PM
Hi,

I am trying to make a solid object see through - so i can see the structure underneath - probably similar to a carbody eg make the shell opaque so you can see the main structural frame underneath. So far I have tried opaque materials as well as glass - but you still can't see THROUGH the object. not sure if I need to fart around with lighting. it down't need to be fancy as its for a mechanical assembly.

Glass just worked but wondering if theres something more soft like a light gray

thanks
Brett

FerrariDrafting (Find me on Facebook)
Australia
V16 deluxe
v17 plat
v19 plat
V20 Plat
V21 Plat
TC2016 plat

* February 13, 2013, 07:52:43 PM

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 13, 2013, 11:04:13 PM
You may also want to try the "Plain Coverage" Transparency. I used a Light Gray color in a Plain Pattern and a Matte Reflectance in the picture below plus 3 different Plain Coverage settings.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:06:47 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

February 14, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
Thks,

I ended up doing the transperancy - couldnt get my head around the x ray on wiki.

I,m using hidden line in viewports as a render and i assume of got to go further up the scale for it to be any use otherwise i.ll just get dotted lines.

Regards
Brett

FerrariDrafting (Find me on Facebook)
Australia
V16 deluxe
v17 plat
v19 plat
V20 Plat
V21 Plat
TC2016 plat