TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Hatching
Read 1563 times
* January 05, 2013, 11:01:15 PM
Does the Hatch feature in TC19 Plat have problems like 18 did. I created a symbol in 19 and inserted it into my drawing in two places in the same area I wanted to do some hatching and I could not get it to work. If I removed one of the symbols it would hatch but the pattern was in the symbol as well, with the second symbol insrted it would not hatch at all. I had to save back to 17 in order to get it to work. I guess that is why you now allow to save back two versions so you are able to do things the current version can no longer do. Is there a worl around for this problem in 19?
   Myron TCPro Plat 54.2

January 06, 2013, 11:23:09 AM
Can you post the file for us to try?

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

January 07, 2013, 01:20:49 AM
I've often had problems with hatch from release 18 which was my first TC. I find that the most common problem for me when using Pick Point Hatching is when there are inadvertently multiple lines in the area that I am trying to hatch. My work round is to drag out the area that I am trying to hatch outside of the rest of the drawing, hatch it then put it back where it was complete with hatch. I also often use the Path Hatch tool instead and then do a 2D subrtract fo any area within the hatch that I want clear of the pattern. I'm not sure what the difference is between the Pick Point Hatch tool and the Hatch tool though, maybe someone else can answer that one?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

* February 19, 2013, 04:22:17 AM
I also use the relocate hatch relocate method. I will check fro multiple lines. I also find that constructin lines sometimes interfere and make me have to do a pickpoint hatch

V 11.2 Professional Win xP