TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Chrashed - No File ?
Read 3357 times
* October 05, 2009, 08:54:18 AM
I Worked with the file - USED PULL - I asked so many times and TC do not respond with this DANGEROUS tool and now it happenned - a 2 month PROJECt gone - missing - it was suppossed to be printed and out by tommorrow - what now ? TC sits in USA and will only pull their ittle shoulder up and go on - me ,,,, what ????

Below is the message after the chrash ( I )
Second Image you can see the layesrs is still there ( II )
Third one is the BACK-UPS as I work in a rotational basis because since V12 I know you cannot trust TC BUT in this instance where I only worked in the 1 st file when it happenned , none want to open.
BUt if I open other files than these lot, it does open.

Anyone that can tell me how to save the day so that I vcan get it to a DWG at least and dump TC in the bin ????

Actually a nice program but ......... that unfinished finish touches, and the unwillingness when told some tools are DANGEROUS.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:56:05 AM by triplex »

October 05, 2009, 01:59:51 PM
Triplex,

I am not sure I can be of much help here, but I noticed most of your layer visibility is turned off.  You might find more information than you think if you set all layers to visible.

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle

* October 05, 2009, 02:10:36 PM
Every production project I have ever worked on gets backed up nightly to another source.   If I burn it to a DVD, USB thumb drive, copy to another computer, tape drive.  I backup every night.   I would suggest you get a backup drive or some thumb drives and start backing up your project. 

* October 05, 2009, 07:32:17 PM
Yep I tried on / of / views / extend - everything

It is a days work gone - the funny thing is that # 10,20, 30 which got rotational saving is also corrupt . It was a daily save program inserted for the TC crash bug when not expected, but TC crowned itself with this again.

It is plain and simple LAZINESS ON TC PART TO FINISH OFF THE FINALS!
NO USE YOU HAVE A GENERAL MEDIUM PRICED PROGRAM BUT IT COSTS YOU 3 X TIMES THE COST THERE OFF IN DAILY PENALTIES - STILL VERY, VERY MUCH THE SAME UNTRUSTWORTHY BASE.

A shame - beacause TC is generally a very smart program  - they always lose out in the end - their own fault - wil be loser's always.

October 08, 2009, 03:13:59 PM
Sorry to hear about troubles and I got the email that you sent me.
My first question is have you tried the Autosave (*.asv) and/or the Backup (.bak) files that are located in your Documents directory?
Often times these have worked even on the most severe of crashes.

Second question.  You mention in your email that you are working with DWGs are you opening and saving in DWG format or are you opening the DWG then saving as TCW then saving as DWG as your last step prior to delivering your files elsewhere?   Keep in mind that DWG is not an officially standardized format and although TC has some the best filters for this format there are some DWG objects that we still need to better support, especially when round-tripping.  So as a rule -    Open as DWG, save as TCW.  Do you work Save (as) TCW. Then immediately  Save As DWG.

Lastly you can always send me a copy of your crash logs.  When TC crashes if you choose to view the details a window should open which has a path to a temp directory where this is stored.   Keep that window open and copy and paste the path the TXT into an explorer window.
This will open notepad or  your text editor which will in turn let you save the text to a place of your choose.
If you can send that to me it may help us determine what caused your crash.    And on severe crashes such as this you can either send me or post the files here.  In some cases our developers have even surprised me and figured how to recover a corrupted file.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

October 08, 2009, 03:37:57 PM
Hi,

I do understand your frustrations ...
I work as 3D freelancer, so every minute you lose ...

As I understand, it are only these 3 files who are corrupted ?

Can it be ...
Do you have a good anti virus program ?
Do you have any trouble with other files and programs ?
Can you find them with windows explorer ?

PS: Please make copy of your work.
I use USB stick AND 2 external usb HD of 500 GB.
and I make numbered rotating copy's of every day of the week.

Greetings, Marc

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:41:23 PM by marc_256 »

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- TC 9 --> TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

* October 08, 2009, 07:36:42 PM
You should always disable anti-virus scanning of CAD files.  They can get corrupted.   

October 09, 2009, 10:53:20 AM
Triplex check your email. The dev team was able to recover your file.
The fix will be included in our upcoming 16.2 patch.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* October 12, 2009, 10:16:31 AM
When will the fix be available?  In case, I run into the issue?

October 12, 2009, 02:03:24 PM
I'm hoping to have it out by the Oct 16th, so very shortly.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager