TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

How to save Drawings
Read 938 times
January 21, 2013, 07:47:50 PM
Hi all, when saving TCW's and DXF drawings, where do they go?  I went tro my computer-program files-IMSIDesigns-TurboCAD16-Drawings or DXF or TCW Drawings and those folders say empty.  Why?..They do show up when I am in TurboCAD16. 
Thank you!

* January 21, 2013, 09:53:03 PM
If you installed to the default locations, they should be in your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder, depending on your operating system. In my Vista box, they're at: C:\Users\John R\Documents\TurboCAD 16\Drawings. Click on the "Save In" list button, it will tell you where you're currently saving to. Mouseover a thumbnail in the History pane and a tooltip will show the address for that drawing.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

January 24, 2013, 10:06:13 AM
In Ver 16.0 pro platinum my drawings will go to the drawings folder.   You can also send them to whatever destination you please.
However - - - - if you are running Windows 7 there is a catch.  The folder  ( that you see) to which your stuff goes  is virtual.
So for example the path that looks like:
Libraries / documents / my documents / turbocad16 / drawings
 Is not really what it appears to be.  It is a virtual representation - - it's links -  of other files that are stored elsewhere on the C drive.
You can add to this collection of virtual   libraries.  Once you get used to it it's quite nice, but absent you already knowing about it the whole virtual library thing can be quite confusing.

If you are running XP it won't be like this.

So the answer to where you files are will depend on what OS you are running and so will  the answer to where you files appear to be..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:45:29 PM by Cliff »

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum