TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

House construction systems
Read 8086 times
* January 19, 2013, 11:12:04 AM
I wonder if anywone could shear a drawing of a standard house (vertical,horizontal section) with a explanation/ name of the different part, c/c distance, standard size etc .
From the countries where you living, i'm from Norway so i dont need from there :)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

January 20, 2013, 07:43:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for Torfinn as it's only in 2D but this is a set of drawings for a house extension. A lot of the information regarding specific parts and centre distances will be on the accompanying specification document. Can you post a Norwegian one as I'd like to see it?
Nick.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

January 20, 2013, 07:44:52 AM
Maybe we should be posting this in the Gallery section?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* January 20, 2013, 12:21:42 PM
Nickam, can you post in TC 17 or DWG. Thanks

Robert Burgess. Using Platinum 21 - Windows 7
Australia

* January 20, 2013, 12:57:20 PM
Hi Nickam

Thanks for sharing :)

I'm not even close to the detail that you have( nobody pay me for this :), i will make a better detaildrawing of the attached project and post when i get some time, after a couple of week from now, i'm going to a course in TC for learning basicly 2D functions, maybe there are something to learn there , i still think 2D is very ..... in TC, but i have some project i have to finish before i go.
For the moment i use AC for the 2D and TC for 3D, becouse i miss the @ in TC, i can use "U" but thats not the same, so if i'm on a hurry i still uce AC first for making plans. The basic AC commands are still in my fingers.
This spesific house was also the reason why i start learning my self a litle about PPM, it chrash and after reopening, all the window framing block,s was missing, there is about 20 different sizes, and belive me, this was very boring to do 1 more thime, i see to day that there still missing 2 sets of framing.
Anyway the dwg drawing was aproved so i dont care anymore :)

For the question about moving the tread, maybe a good idea, i dont know if it's possible or if i just have to use a pointer to a new tread in gallery, i will check this out.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

January 21, 2013, 12:47:51 AM
There you go Bob!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* January 21, 2013, 02:15:55 PM
Nickam, thanks for the downloads. Construction methods are certainly different in Australia. When I have the time I will post you a typical drawing of an Australian residential house. Not keen on the black background, I would guess that you have an auto cad background.
Regards Bob

Australia

January 21, 2013, 02:27:36 PM
Yes Bob. Used Acad for 22 years before going over to Turbocad just over a year ago. The black background is, I guess, a personal preference but I don't get on with white. It's funny, but everyone I ever worked with used black as a backgound! I'll look forward to seeing your Aussie plans!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

March 01, 2013, 01:41:57 AM
So, it would seem I'm the only one doing house plans on TC as no other posts to this  :-\

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 01, 2013, 08:14:04 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for Torfinn as it's only in 2D but this is a set of drawings for a house extension. A lot of the information regarding specific parts and centre distances will be on the accompanying specification document. Can you post a Norwegian one as I'd like to see it?
Nick.

Thanks for sharing Nickam.  As a self-taught (via this Forum) draftsman (TurboCAD only) that mainly produces 2D residential drawings, it's always nice and beneficial to see how others with more experience and who do it full-time or closer to full-time "format" their drawings.

We appreciate your sharing that with us Nickam.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 01, 2013, 09:48:49 AM
Nick.

Hi Nickam,  Question regarding your "typical+house+extension" drawing file:  Do you use Print Styles?  Are the PaperSpaces set up to print using Print Styles?  I don't use Print Styles, and was curious to see how they work and print out.

It seems like a Print Style Table- "Architectural"- is missing, and maybe could have been included via ePack.  If this Drawing File is indeed intended to have a Print Style Table that it is "linked with", could we ask you to share that with us?

Thanks Nickam.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

March 01, 2013, 10:31:28 AM
Yes Alvin, I use Print Styles for both model space and paper space. I have a standard drawing sheet template and that drawing has lots of things such as windows and doors in and also hatch patterns etc. It's a lot easier to delete things than try to find them in old drawings. At the end of a drawing session I then purge the sheet of any unwanted blogs, line types etc. I have attached an epack zip file which should have all the necessary files in apart from the drawing file as to put them all together makes the file too big fo an upload.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 01, 2013, 10:42:41 AM
Yes Alvin, I use Print Styles for both model space and paper space. I have a standard drawing sheet template and that drawing has lots of things such as windows and doors in and also hatch patterns etc. It's a lot easier to delete things than try to find them in old drawings. At the end of a drawing session I then purge the sheet of any unwanted blogs, line types etc. I have attached an epack zip file which should have all the necessary files in apart from the drawing file as to put them all together makes the file too big fo an upload.

I hate to hi-jack Torfinn's Topic, so I'll only pursue this a bit more.

Hi Nickam.  Your .zip file came across with what I suppose was a portion of the ePack.  Below is a screen-capture of the files contained within it.  Unfortunately, the Print Style Table "Architectural" didn't make the ePack.  Any chance you can share that Table separately here?

(If it's too much trouble, or you just don't feel like it, that's cool.)

Thanks, Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

March 01, 2013, 10:57:22 AM
That's weird. Wonder why that didn't go too. I'll try it again. I'll try looking for it but I'm not sure where to find it.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

March 01, 2013, 11:06:15 AM
What's the file extension of a named print style?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 01, 2013, 11:14:05 AM
That's weird. Wonder why that didn't go too. I'll try it again. I'll try looking for it but I'm not sure where to find it.

I was just reading in the Help documentation, and Print Style Tables are not something that is a choice to be selected in ePack (see snapshot below).

I guess when sharing drawing files- and we want the importing User to be able to print as the creating/exporting User intended and the drawing uses Print Style (Tables) we have to manually send along the Print Style Table.

----
Like I say Nickam- If it's too much trouble, or you just don't feel like sharing your "Architectural" Print Style Table, that's fine.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

March 01, 2013, 11:16:30 AM
It's not a problem, I just can't find it at present. The file location in Options hasn't got anything in it  :-\

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 01, 2013, 11:17:03 AM

Nickam- I would assume either .ctb (for Color Based Print Styles), or .stb (for Name Based Print Styles).

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* March 01, 2013, 11:46:16 AM

Nickam- I would assume either .ctb (for Color Based Print Styles), or .stb (for Name Based Print Styles).

-Alvin

Redirected by Alvin to a different/new Topic here:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,11114.msg66810.html#new.

Alvin Gregorio

* March 01, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
Nicham, Aussie Plans attached. This is a typical house plan the detail is about the same for each house design.

Australia

* March 01, 2013, 01:51:26 PM
It's not a problem, I just can't find it at present. The file location in Options hasn't got anything in it  :-\

Nickam, assuming you allowed the default folder locations when installing TurboCAD, I believe you can find your "Architectural" Print Style Table in one of the two Print Style Folders in the following directory:
C:\Users\User Name\Documents\TurboCAD Professional 19\...

Thanks, Alvin
(I hope you find it and can share it- I really want to see how Print Styles work.)

Alvin Gregorio

March 01, 2013, 03:42:36 PM
Uploaded on the other post Alvin!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 01, 2013, 06:19:33 PM
Uploaded on the other post Alvin!

It didn't make it to the other Topic Nickam.
I looked in this Topic:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,11114.0.html at 6:30pm PST, and didn't see it.

I certainly do appreciate your effort Nickam.  -Alvin
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:40:30 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

March 02, 2013, 01:42:12 AM
No problem Alvin. If it wasn't for the people on this forum I wouldn't' be as advanced in Turbocad as I am.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* March 02, 2013, 04:50:17 PM
Attached is my little contribution to Tofinn's original request- first Post, this Topic; it's for an addition of more space to an existing attached garage. ("4302 Diamond Valley...")

Sheet 3 has a couple of Sectionals that shows some of the detail of our (the moderate climates of California) typical method of construction.  In California we are very concerned with seismic activity.  I have to assume that our single-family residences are some of the most seismic-mitigation engineered there is.  Where I live is very close to some very serious fault-lines, so we build to resist earthquakes.  That's what all that heavy-duty hardware is about.

I live- and mostly design/draw for- in the San Joaquin Valley* of California, USA (*where a lot of the world's food comes from).  We have a lot of cheap, flat, farmland that gets bought up and developed with buildings (a lot of houses).  Being that it's flat, good, earth, we mostly build concrete-slab-on-grade with only a 12 inch deep footing required for most single-family residences (here, we have zero frost-line).

I don't have a drawing of a full house; with the economy the way it has been here the past few years, and the home-building industry being in such a poor state, I haven't drawn a whole house in a long while.  I include more detail now (as Torfinn originally requested) than I used to- since I got more adept at TurboCAD.

I think the last whole-house I did I uploaded to these Forums here:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,4100.msg22803.html#msg22803;
and here: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,4114.msg22862.html#msg22862

Edit:  I do remember another whole house I drew a few years ago.  I've attached that as well.  It's named "Robertson ...".  I did this one about January, 2006.  This one was in a nearby town, about 5,000 foot elevation (a little colder than where I am, in the San Joaquin Valley, about 300 foot above sea-level).

This one was on a slightly hilly lot; I think it sloped about 10 feet front-to-rear in the pad-area of the house.  So this one is not concrete-slab-on-grade.  It utilizes wood-framed stem-walls, and I-joist floor-framing.  The "crawl-space" (you could easily stand up in about half of it) was unfinished- just the natural terrain.

There is some detail in this plan that might serve to show how a "typical" simple house might be built in a foothill/slightly-mountainous community in California, USA, with occasional snow-days.  There is about the same seismic-mitigation engineering required in that area as there is here, where I live/work.

----
My contribution to Torfinn (and Nickam's) original request(s).  -Alvin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:19:50 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio