TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Pro16.1 views
Read 1476 times
January 16, 2013, 05:02:34 PM
Ver 16.1 platinum
 When I am in world plan I can draw wili nilli start a feature anywhere and take it off in any direction.
However when I go to  Front, Left, or Right view  what ever I draw only goes   along the X & Y axis.  For example if in Front view  If I try to draw a circle using  center and point  ( or anything really) using no snaps the circle center always falls along the Zero position  and when I pull the diameter out it  looks like a line unless I then switch to Iso or World Plan.

I tried switching the 2D / 3D toggle and  placing things on the workplane to no avail so it's not those.

Is this the way TC is supposed to work?

Here is a JPEG of  me trying to draw a circle next to a three dimensional box in  Front View.  See how it l looks like a line?
When I flip to Iso or World plan the circle looks like a circle.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

* January 16, 2013, 05:57:24 PM
Use the Workplane tools to change the workplane.

For starters... try using the Plan by Active View icon... or Ctrl+Shft+V.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

January 16, 2013, 07:17:44 PM
Ctl Shift V made the difference. Thanks
I gotta read the manual on "Plan by Active View."

you mean these workplane tools?

January 16, 2013, 07:50:23 PM
Those are the view tools. The workplane tools are on the first line up from the bottom left in your picture.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.

* January 16, 2013, 08:12:45 PM
As Mike says...

Henry H

January 17, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
THX.

TC is a migration for me from an older DOS legacy 3-D  system, the crap I gotta unlearn gives me fits.