TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

18.1 and 18.2 Patches for Delux 18
Read 946 times
* January 09, 2013, 11:58:21 AM
Intermittent user, so I haven't kept up with this forum.  I notice there are patches for 18.1 and 18.2 now available for my Delux 18 version.  Can anyone explaine the benefits of these patches?  Do they fix some of the annoying quirks of 18.0?  It's particularly annoying to have to save, close and re-open to restore some of the settings.

* January 09, 2013, 12:36:16 PM
Intermittent user, so I haven't kept up with this forum.  I notice there are patches for 18.1 and 18.2 now available for my Delux 18 version.  Can anyone explaine the benefits of these patches?  Do they fix some of the annoying quirks of 18.0?  It's particularly annoying to have to save, close and re-open to restore some of the settings.
RE: "It's particularly annoying to have to save, close and re-open to restore some of the settings". If you save your particular settings in Workspace all have to do is loaded again after the updates.I would back up my Config folder with its contents,If something is amiss just load it contents back in the folder.And should be painless than.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 09, 2013, 01:35:53 PM
I wasn't very clear about the annoyances/quirks.  It actually involves features/functions not settings.  One example is:  after I've drawn a few lines, when I click on one of the drawing options on the right side (i.e. "Construction Line") I no longer get the full display of options (i.e. "Horizantal", "Vertical", etc.) for that function.  I have to save, close and re-open for the button to work as it is supposed to.

I remember reading complaints about these quirks some time ago, w/regard to v. 17.  I was assuming they'd be fixed with v. 18, but here they are again.

So, I was wondering if 18.1 and 18.2 fix some of these quirks - if not, just what do they accomplish?