TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Change measurement tolerances
Read 2846 times
* October 02, 2009, 06:52:34 AM
I am drawing in inches.  Currently, it is xx.yy rounded to two decimal places.  Some of the work requires xx.yyyy for four decimal places.  How do I change the drawing? 

Edge to Edge is 39.75 inches.  The center point is 19.875.  It wants to round it to 19.88.   How do I change it so I can work in three or four decimal places?

* October 02, 2009, 07:44:36 AM
If you want to change an existing dimension, select it, right-click, choose Properties, Units/Tolerance, then change the Precision and Round Off values appropriately.
If you want to change the default for new dimensions, select the required dimension tool, then right-click, choose Properties and then continue as above. New dimension created with that tool will have the required properties.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* October 02, 2009, 08:44:24 AM
I will try your suggestions tonight, thank you.

How do I default TurboCAD to higher tolerances for future work?

* October 02, 2009, 03:44:09 PM
re: How do I default TurboCAD to higher tolerances for future work?

Nowadays, you will have to create a Template to get a higher Precision in Dimensions. In the Style Manager palette, go to "Dimension Styles" and alter the "Standard" style or create a new style. You can assign the new style  in the General Properties page or the Selection Info palette. Save as a TCT file to the Template folder. When in the Save As dialog, change "History" in the left-hand pane to "Template", this will save you from browsing for the Template folder. It can reset to History later. Start your new drawing with this template.

In TCExplorer there is a Drawing_Defaults section, but increasing the "Model Units Precision" no longer affects Dimensions as it did in previous versions (V15 and below); they didn't have Dimension Styles.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit