TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

I bought me an gps and gps2cad yesterday, ant test it.
Read 6964 times
December 19, 2012, 01:18:00 AM
This is a very useful program.

I will use the Christmas hollydays to learn even more about my new Garmin GPSMAP 62s og GoogelEarth and gps2cad and TurboCAD.
Kai

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:09:50 AM by KS »

Kai Sannes, DAKnor. Norwegain TurboCAD seller and instructor.
Laptop Acer Aspire VN7-793G
GeForce GTX1060, 6Gb,Core i7-7700HQ,16GB RAM,256GB PCIe SSD,1TB HDD,W10 Home
17.3" Full HD matt

December 21, 2012, 01:54:41 PM
Comment to the developer of gps2cad.

When I'll plot point, I most often do not wish text.
Sometimes I wish only point names.
If I want the x, y and z values​​, I wish that this is easier to read.
One does not need all unnecessary text, which POINT NAME:, X (EASTING:) etc. I need only the values.

Hand-held GPS systems have an accuracy of only 2-5 meter, so it is not need for more than one decimal behind the comma.

Can you manage to plot the data that way, see the image?
I think it is better.

17.3" Full HD matt

* December 21, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
Thanks for your interest in GPS2CAD. Let me try to answer your comments.

The GPS unit i prefer is Garmin Map 60 csx or Garmin Map 62s . I use both of them in development for this program. THe Map 60 is an older unit and considerably cheaper now, especially on Amazon.com . THe Map 62s uses newer technology for the interface (it shows up as a mass storage device) and uses the newer, industry standard .gpx file format. But i'm not sure that it's any more accurate than the Map 60, and it's more expensive. EIther should work fine for GPS2CAD.

"this is not a cross...." Uh, ok. I'll have to check into that.

Regarding the information transferred into the drawing.  I left the descriptive tags in place so the data was easier to understand,  sometimes the x and y becomes confusing. The data is contained in a block and it's attributes that are inserted into the drawing. What you might be able to do is re-define the block to delete the descriptors you don't want - just be sure to keep the same name and file location. And be sure to make a backup copy of it.

Regarding the price - you got a good buy, a nice Christmas present. The IMSI price was incorrect, but i've honored it. The price should be $395 usd , and i've asked IMSI to change it.

Hope this helps. Thanks, and Merry CHristmas!

Mark Crigler
Phoenix, Arizona USA
GPS2CAD

December 21, 2012, 02:59:57 PM
I have already looked for that block, but there is no block.

The Selection info tell me that it is a block intersection, but there is no block i Block palette.

I have one more question before I should have Christmas holidays.

I can not calibrate this raster map.
I have clicked on point No. 1, a selected post.
It comes 11 and 35 pixels from the top left corner.
Then it is natural for me to write x and y values ​​for this post. Not degree values.

Kai
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:01:57 PM by KS »

17.3" Full HD matt

December 21, 2012, 03:29:24 PM
I researched more about surveying GPS systems.
Most of these can save WGS84 coordinates as dxf, and these does not need gps2cad.
They can only measure, and save as dxf and open it directly in TurboCAD.

I think that gps2cad is very good for those who use hand-held GPS systems, like Garmain, Magellan and others.
It should be a good fit for engineers and architects that mapper and make their first plans for new housing developments.

I measured a little earlier in the day with my Garmin GPSMAP 62s, and x and y, it appears that the accuracy is 1-3,5 meters. In z is greater uncertainty.

Would you agree with this?

By the way. I believe you can do the measure job with a Garmin eTrek 20, to about 200 dollars.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:41:53 PM by KS »

17.3" Full HD matt

December 27, 2015, 09:35:32 AM
Hand-held GPS systems have an accuracy of only 2-5 meter, so it is not need for more than one decimal behind the comma.
I have been working on a system to get survey level GPS information, 1cm level, the PCB is being designed, the prototype produced the 1cm. I'm looking at the price point for the basic units should be $60~$80 each with two needed to achieve the 1cm (RTK Base and Rover in real-time). Turns out to be a slow process building something when you have to change the design to match what parts that are available at your price point.... The expansion includes LTE 4 + display(5"), case, battery, price point around $90~$125. All prices are based on buying 1 part or 2,500.
NOTE: These are GPS only not GPS+Beidou+Glonass+Galileo. If you can get 1cm without adding $300 to the product why do it? I have Beidou+Glonass+Galileo GPS units but they do not have CORS stations (Continuously Operating Reference Station) in the U.S. at this time.
1cm = 0.3937 inches - with post processing on long shots you can get sub-centimeter. The 0.39 is close to what my Total Station can do.

TurboCad V12~V2x Platinum Pro Edition + CAM Plug-In +  Surface Modeling + Survey Coordinates RedSDK
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Editions 1703 OSB 15063.296
x64 I7 12GB NVIDIA Quadro

Hobby User

January 12, 2016, 09:49:32 AM
This is a very useful program.

I will use the Christmas hollydays to learn even more about my new Garmin GPSMAP 62s og GoogelEarth and gps2cad and TurboCAD.
Kai
Checkout http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=205 this would give you ~3 CM (RTKLIB Post Processing)and he's just down the road from you.

TurboCad V12~V2x Platinum Pro Edition + CAM Plug-In +  Surface Modeling + Survey Coordinates RedSDK
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Editions 1703 OSB 15063.296
x64 I7 12GB NVIDIA Quadro

Hobby User