TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

GPS Data points
Read 609 times
* June 12, 2017, 02:08:38 PM
Just wondering if this is possible?

Ive got a garmin gps that I use for fishing and Ive used it to plot all the delivery routes in my street for my new hand truck designs. Therefore how can I get the data out of the gps and use it in gps to turbocad?

Is that possible?

Can I then use the gps data to in turbocad to demo the routes and and display the map views?

Thanks

Daz

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk

June 12, 2017, 03:10:14 PM
Have you considered importing the data directly into Google Maps?

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* June 13, 2017, 03:21:36 AM
Jeff Ive got zero knowledge here hence the question. So what or how would google maps display gps data?

Probably better, what would I expect to see if I did that in google maps?

What Im trying to get a handle on is, can I use the data to show the most efficient route to the destination or delivery point. Eg: Plot the navigation route: travel north for 3.3 meters, turn west by 35 degrees, travel 5 meters, turn due north, travel 5 meters, turn due east. Reached delivery point.

Im trying to figure out if mapping the delivery point for a single destination makes sense and if so can that data be used by the delivery guy as an aid?

Further that if multiple data is stored for say a single street works then the benefit here is that I can demonstrate in a tangible way how the hand truck can manouvere around obstacles for a geographic area. Thereby reducing the  stress on the delivery guys body on a repetitive basis.

Thanks
Daz

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk