TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Using my own layers.
Read 2092 times
* December 07, 2012, 12:55:23 AM
I would like now to start to create my own library of cabinets/ furniture to be able to use in
TCFM so i can improve the time it takes me to price for jobs. Can i create my own list of layers
or do i have to use a TCFM template. I have just completed "Dons" face frame dresser tutorial
in which he creates his own layers that work well for that piece of furniture, But Don doesn't
use TCFM to create cut plans/ cutting lists etc. Does it create a problem when taking a piece of furniture into TCFM.
 Please note i  am Fairly new to TCFM in fact havnt realy used it past trying to generate a basic cabinet, havnt even ventured past that screen.
I would be greatful for any help.

* December 07, 2012, 05:46:26 AM
John:

You do have to use the TCFM layers.

Their routines analyze the layer to create the BOM and relieve inventory.

I had a look at that idea earlier. Stick with their layers and lear to use them to get the benefit of the sheet layout and the optimizer. The optimizer does do good layouts -- though you do get program exceptions from time to time.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* December 07, 2012, 04:04:48 PM
OK Thanks once again for your help Willr.

* May 12, 2013, 08:34:40 PM
IT's very good if you want to use your own layers.It will helpful for you while working and time saving process for you because you know very well how to use these things .It's easy in use because you know very well about how to use these layers and how to get better output by it.