TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Dimension dimensions
Read 1104 times
* December 05, 2012, 03:07:58 AM
Hi all ,
I'm a new recruit from ACAD and fumbling my way around at the moment. Got to the stage where I can produce usable drawings and working on the remaining problems.
One however seems to elude me. I have set up a template with all of my preferences etc to use for any drawing. However I can't seem to find a way of globally changing the text size, arrow heads etc after I've started the drawing.  I can globally alter all before I start but after I have some lines on the screen if I prefer larger or smaller text or arrow heads I have to alter each dimension as I put it on. Anybody got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance.

* December 05, 2012, 04:51:46 AM
You can use presets to define a few different dimension styles and then select as you need them -
or  if you are trying to change a whole lot of existing dimensions use edit select by query or ctrl q.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* December 05, 2012, 01:33:21 PM
"Property Value Presets" (Styles in AC) that Nikki recommends is a good thing to have beforehand. Styles set to various sizes can be very useful

After the fact, select the dimensions to be changed and use "Dimension Size Scale" on the Format page. This will change the size of the Text, Arrowheads, etc. all at once.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 08, 2012, 08:16:42 AM
Many thanks to both Nikki and John for the help.
I'm happy with "Dimension size scale" solution, works a treat.
Tom