TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

New V16.1 Tutorial – Helical Tri-Lobe Blower
Read 2111 times
September 30, 2009, 10:04:24 AM
Textual Creations is very pleased to announce the release of TurboCAD V16.1 – Helical Tri-Lobe Blower

TurboCAD V16.1 – Helical Tri-Lobe Blower is a 214 page fully illustrated tutorial that leads the reader through every keystroke to produce the helical tri-lobe blower on the cover of the tutorial. Plus a two page paper presentation with inserted image, viewports, dimensions and annotations.

TurboCAD V16.1 – Helical Tri-Lobe Blower is available on the Textual Creations Shopping Page. Sample pages are available there.

From the Introduction:    

Mechanical design and illustration is truly one of my favorite areas when it comes to CAD and graphics works. It is an area that I never tire of investigating and an area where I am always awed by the ingenuity of people. I found much pleasure researching and writing TurboCAD Pro V16.1 - Tri-Lobe Blower and hope that you will enjoy the magic of TurboCAD as you work your way through the tutorial.

Best regards,
Don

The tri-lobe blower design and dimensions are based on some web research and some imagination on the part of the author. Within the tutorial the reader will be led through each keystroke to produce all components of the blower that is illustrated on the cover of the tutorial. The reader will learn how to insert standard lighting and how utilize render scene luminance. The reader will learn how to establish a render scene environment and the reader will learn how to render their drawing and save it in a high resolution image format. Additionally, the reader will learn how to create a legal size (8.5 x 14) title block and a two page paper space presentation using viewports, dimensions and annotations.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:12:32 AM by Don Cheke »

* September 30, 2009, 12:20:05 PM
There getting better and better Don!

* October 01, 2009, 05:33:16 PM
Lovely work. You do get great 'metal' renders.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* October 02, 2009, 01:15:26 PM
Very impressive looking tutorial. Are any of the mechanical tool required to complete it?

Don

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

October 02, 2009, 01:21:02 PM
Very impressive looking tutorial. Are any of the mechanical tool required to complete it?

Don

Thanks Don,

It does use the new Thread tool to make simplified bolt threads on the cylindrical shaft, but in the tutorial I tell the reader to just leave the shaft blank and add a small chamfer on the end if they do not have this tool. In many mechanical drawings that I have seen, it is not uncommon to just use blanks to represent bolts. No other mechanical version specific tools used.