TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Delphi 2009 MultiAdd Tool project
Read 7668 times
* September 26, 2009, 02:42:01 PM
This project for Delphi 2009 creates a Dragger dll that contains a tool to do a Boolean Add on all selected solid objects. Any non-solids are removed from the selection before the Boolean Add operations are performed, and an Undo record is created to allow the user to undo the entire operation.

Change your project options to directly output the compiled dll to the TurboCAD Draggers folder on your system, or manually move the complied dll to the Draggers folder before running TurboCAD. The new tool should appear in the menu as SDK/Boolean/MultiAdd.

Limitations:
Doesn't handle Part Tree objects (i.e. Object History).
No icon for the tool yet

[attachment deleted by admin]

* November 22, 2009, 05:47:49 PM
Hi

I keep getting the same error message as the attached jpeg shows, when starting TC15.

I have made some of my own Delphi 2007 dll's but gets the same error message.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Piet

[attachment deleted by admin]

* November 24, 2009, 10:00:29 AM
You may need to manually register imsigx5.dll and gxext15.dll using regsvr32.

If that doesn't help, you may need to re-import the TurboCAD 15 versions of the IMSIGX15.dll and GXEXT15.dll type libraries, and re-compile using those versions of IMSIGX_Tlb and GXEXT_Tlb in your project.

Finally, does your version of TurboCAD include the solid boolean functions? These may not work in all TurboCAD packages. I have only tested this in TurboCAD Pro.

* January 08, 2010, 03:15:46 PM
This worx for me with Delphi 2010. Thanx a lot kchapman. I have TurboCAD 15 Pro. The function does not work. But the menu is displayed. I am looking for the best tool to extend TurboCAD. The programming on the COM Interface is not easy! I've tried it with D, Lazarus/FreePascal, Python and with QT/QTDesigner. D compiles but gives me access viaolation if I run the programm. Lazarus compiles not everytime (seems like the OLE classes are not all ready) and you need a workaround on the Delphi TLB's to work with. QT is to hard and do troubles on generating the import headers from the COM DLL. Python (with win32Com) generate a not usable import file (this is strange).

I think the best solution in future is Lazarus. Why? It compiles DLL's and fast exe's.  It cost nothing and it have a good IDE.
Unfortunately, I am overwhelmed with TurboCAD's COM interface sometimes! Other interfaces are much easier to use! This is very negative.

Greets

* January 23, 2010, 01:14:01 PM
Lazarus works now fine...

* April 16, 2017, 06:10:01 AM
Hi,

although this is a very old thread:

Where has the posted example gone? Why was it "deleted by administrator"?

KG

* April 16, 2017, 07:58:37 AM
Hi,

although this is a very old thread:

Where has the posted example gone? Why was it "deleted by administrator"?

KG

Every now and then the attachment server gets full, so I'm guessing IMSI clear out some old stuff to make way for people to post new attachments, this affects the whole forum, not just the SDK.  it would be a matter of waiting to see if anyone saved a copy and can re-post it,  sorry - I didn't save any Delphi stuff.

You could try sending Kevan a PM (message) and ask if he still has a copy.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:00:59 AM by Andy H »

* April 25, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
Ken, what version of Delphi are you using? I probably still have this somewhere, but if you're on a more recent version of Delphi, it may need some tweaks.

* October 10, 2017, 05:28:34 PM
Hi kchapman,

sorry for not coming back on this earlier.  In the meantime I was close to stop any idea around programming TC at all.
In this case my fault was to not activate notifications by e-mail.

In fact I'm not using Delphi at all but Lazarus/FPC. So any available example code for adapting will do. The older the code for delphi is, the easier porting to lazarus & fpc will be. Could you please attach the sample again or put it somewhere for download?

@IMSI forum server administration:
Deleting sample code is not a good thing [tm]. ;)
Other forums do have extra storage for example code and important documentation. Since space is cheap nowadays, please do not delete old code. Even if it is VBA or whatever, there are a lot of people using really old version of TC and they will love you (instead of the opposite).

KG