TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Reordering elements
Read 2377 times
* October 20, 2012, 04:44:09 PM
I have a CNC machine.  I have used TC over the years and came up with learning project.  Save drawing to DXF, then DXF to G-code.  Did the drawing, TC made it relatively easy. DXF on problem, G-Code agin no problem.  But the I really did think about what I was doing as drew the part, what with all the deletes, re-try inserts, etc.  Anyway, the tool path on a blind conversion of my hap hazard drafting was miserable. 

Once drawn, is there an easy way to reorder the drawing elements.  Like dragging an element in the Selection Info tree.
I don't recall seeing it in the past, and could not find it with search.

October 21, 2012, 03:56:20 PM
I dont think that is available in the CAD program. But you should be able to do this with your CAM software. I know this can be done with the CAM plug-in.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* October 22, 2012, 08:15:37 AM
Thanks Ken.  Didn't think so; but its a shame it's such a easy feature to add to info tree.  But then again, since their widgets aren't draggable it could be a pain.

October 22, 2012, 09:02:02 AM
What CAM software are you using? What type of machine? Just curious.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||