TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Newbie: Paper space and model space
Read 1149 times
* October 13, 2012, 12:42:05 PM
Hello all, 

I am an experienced SketchUp user, but now need to print some house plans on proper A2/A1 sheets. SketchUp cannot do this task. :'(

I then read on the box of TurboCad DeLuxe 19 that it can import SketchUp - Bingo, bought it.

Importing SketchUp 2D seems to work well - but where do I import it to - Model Space or Paper space?

Then how do I move from model to paper to printer with border, title blocks. etc.?

If I use the standard templates, my model space and paper space seem not to work at all.

Your Help appreciated.

V19 deLuxe Newbie
Windows 7, 64-bit

* October 13, 2012, 01:10:32 PM
"Then how do I move from model to paper to printer with border, title blocks. etc.?"

bring your drawing in model space than create a viewport than load the viewport into paperspace

http://turbocaddoc.onconfluence.com/display/TC19UG/Inserting+Viewports

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* October 13, 2012, 01:25:18 PM
Thanks WD, you made my day!

(I am easy to please!)

V19 deLuxe Newbie
Windows 7, 64-bit

* October 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM
Your welcome!You might find Rip's Video demo to be useful demonstration at the following link  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZAbglfgSc

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison