TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

IMSI/Design Affiliate Program - Make money recommending TurboCAD to others!
Read 16949 times
September 24, 2009, 09:15:01 AM
Hi everyone -

Since we have a new forum, I just wanted to repost the below information as a reminder that you can make 20% commission on all sales (= referrals that lead to sales) of IMSI/Design products when you join our affiliate program! Let me know if you have any questions at all and I'll be happy to help!

Sofia
skorling@imsidesign.com

Make money recommending TurboCAD & other IMSI/Design products!

If you are happy with your IMSI/Design products, and a little resourceful, you can make a lot of money recommending these products to others. A personal website is an easy way, but with a little imagination there are many other ways in which you could “sell” IMSI/Design products as well. Maybe you have a lot of people in your email contact list that would be interested in any of our products? Social media sites like Facebook and Twitter? Maybe you could even find a way through your normal every day conversations with friends and coworkers? There are many ways in which you could “sell” IMSI/Design products and earn extra cash! Your imagination is the only thing stopping you!

How does it work?

IMSI/Design offers an affiliate partner program that is available through Commision Junction (www.cj.com). By signing up as a member of our affiliate program, you will be able to use a specific type of link that identifies you as the referring source of a sale. People click on your links and make a purchase, and you make money. It is very simple and completely free! We also always have a few product discounts to increase your customers’, friends’, and coworkers’ willingness to buy.

What’s in it for you?

As an IMSI/Design affiliate you will make 20% commission on every sale you refer to us. This means that if you can make someone purchase a $1,495.95 product, e.g. TurboCAD Pro Platinum Edition, through your affiliate links, you will receive nearly $300 for that sale! Not bad, huh?

How to get started

To get started as an IMSI/Design affiliate, sign up as an affiliate with Commission Junction and make sure you join the IMSI/Design affiliate program. Feel free to use this direct link: https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=1168542. For quicker approval, send me an email at skorling@imsidesign.com to let me know that you have applied and I’ll find you right away. If you need help signing up, or if you have any questions or requests, please email me at any time and I’ll do everything I can to help!

Sofia Korling
Affiliate Program Manager, IMSI/Design
skorling@imsidesign.com

(February 29, 2012: Updated sign up information for the IMSI/Design affiliate program)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:35:47 AM by Sofia »

* October 07, 2009, 08:34:51 AM
Hello Sofia,

I have recommended Turbocad to 2 Company prior to your posting, both resulting in sales. Does that count for anything ?

October 07, 2009, 01:15:15 PM
Hello Sofia,

I have recommended Turbocad to 2 Company prior to your posting, both resulting in sales. Does that count for anything ?

SWISSMECA - Although we always highly appreciate referrals and recommendations leading to sales, in your case it doesn't count for anything "commission-wise" - however, I would definitely suggest you sign up as an affiliate with us, and you will get credit for future sales! You just have to make sure the people you are referring use an affiliate link when they buy something from our site(s). If you're interested, email me at skorling@imsidesign.com and tell me a little about yourself and we can see if we can come up with a more personalized plan for how you can make affiliate marketing work for you when it comes to TurboCAD!

And for everyone else - As in SWISSMECA's case, existing TurboCAD users are the best spokespeople we can get, which is why I wanted to let all of you know about our affiliate program! I'm sure you all already recommend TurboCAD; however, the possibility of getting paid a commission might work as a little extra motivation! :)

S

* January 19, 2010, 06:28:38 AM
Thank you for your message. I am a semi retired engineer and have been a user of TurboCAD for 15 years plus. I think I started off with version 3.  Also in the course of this time I have persuaded others to buy and use the program, which I believe is a very good starting point for anyone wanting to learn CAD.

I used the previous forum frequently, usually seeking advice rather than advising.  However there is one point on which I would like an explanation, and that is relating to how members are ranked in the new forum.  Can you please help? what for example is a newbie?

Thank you

B Allan 

January 19, 2010, 06:41:05 AM
Thank you for your message. I am a semi retired engineer and have been a user of TurboCAD for 15 years plus. I think I started off with version 3.  Also in the course of this time I have persuaded others to buy and use the program, which I believe is a very good starting point for anyone wanting to learn CAD.

I used the previous forum frequently, usually seeking advice rather than advising.  However there is one point on which I would like an explanation, and that is relating to how members are ranked in the new forum.  Can you please help? what for example is a newbie?

Thank you

B Allan  

Hi B Allan,

Ranking is numerical - how many posts you make. You are a newbie until 100 posts (or there abouts), A Hero after 500 and a Supreme Postmaster after a 1000.

Even John Sollman started as a newbie on the new forum, now he is leading the way in number of posts and is our Supreme Postmaster, Henry is next in line.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:43:08 AM by Don Cheke »

* January 19, 2010, 06:51:45 AM
re: ranking is numerical

Rip could post the numbers, I forget what they are.

Supreme Postmaster  :D

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* January 19, 2010, 07:54:25 AM
Thank you Don, John R & Henry whom you mentioned.
All three of you have been most helpful in meeting my requests for help in the past.
You have undoubtedly made a great contribution in helping others and making this the excellent forum it has become.

Being an octogenarian, one day I will with reluctance have to lay TCW aside but I am not quite there yet. In fact I think the little work I continue to do with it helps to keep me going. I am grateful to those who have helped me along the way.

with best wishes

Bill A

January 30, 2010, 12:25:53 AM
Is anybody not selling turbocad? Does this mean the price will drop correspondingly?

Gene Haynes

January 30, 2010, 06:45:30 AM
Is anybody not selling turbocad? Does this mean the price will drop correspondingly?

TurboCAD is still being sold by IMSI/Design and various resellers. Being an affiliate means that you create links on your own website that visitors can click and be taken to IMSI/Design to purchase. It is like a referral. If someone buys after coming through the link on your site, you would get a commission on the sale - providing people aren't clearing their cookings, so the affiliate id is not lost. It is like being an advertiser with perks (hopefully earning some coin).

* February 02, 2010, 05:01:33 PM
Hi Sofia,

What is the discount for students if  I teach a TuboCad course and use the program. I am negotiating with a woodworking school right now where they want me to teach sketch up for cost reasons.I would prefer to teach tubocad. I need to be able to provide incentive for then to use the program.

Best,

Steve

February 05, 2010, 12:02:35 PM
Hi Steve,

Let me look into this and get back to you here, or better (seeing it's not closely related to the subject of this thread) - please email me at skorling@imsidesign.com, and I'll get your information forwarded to someone that can help in this area.

Best regards,
Sofia

February 05, 2010, 12:44:23 PM
Steve - I don't have your email address, but just sent you a personal message - hopefully it worked - giving you Jim Havranek's contact information. He's the best person to talk to about educational/multi-user discounts. Send me an email if you didn't get my message or have any other questions!

Sofia
skorling@imsidesign.com

March 19, 2010, 06:04:20 PM
Is Sofia related to Sofia Loren?  She looks like her.  I'm just sayin.  I'm not really as fat as the guy in the picture.  TC is a great product.  I have been using it since the early 80's.  Great forum, much better than the Autodesk forum.  The folks here are just nicer folks, better for the students.  Never mind.  Sofia works for IMSI.  But she still looks better than the guys on the phone.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:11:54 PM by Chris Bryant »

Well, there's still a huge mound of something up at the White House that's "shovel ready"... and if you like your Tcad software, you can keep your Tcad software.
Using V15.2, Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit

March 22, 2010, 10:32:59 AM
Chris - Thank you... I think...? At least I will try to take it as a compliment that I look better than "the guys on the phone"! ;)

* November 10, 2010, 03:37:47 PM
Sofia,

About the Affiliate Program, is there a requirement that affiliates have the very latest version of IMSI software? What if we have an earlier one, say TurboCad v.12 or higher, would we still qualify?

About another way to sell IMSI products:

I'm in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area and some years back I did a similar thing with another CAD company which no longer exists. When someone called to the company about the product, they gave the customer the address of my office and they came to visit me. I gave them a demonstration using the program to do their work. Then I gave them a code number so when they contacted the company and purchased the product they gave the code which would revert to me in a commission.

Is it possible to have a "store" type operation to demo and sell the IMSI products?

Frank

November 10, 2010, 03:49:18 PM
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your interest in our affiliate program! There is no requirement that affiliates have the latest version of our software; in fact, there are cases where an affiliate doesn't even own the product they are selling, but just use e.g. their website to send traffic to the "official site" for the brand. Naturally, selling a product that you know works much, much better! ;)

Your description of how you worked with the other CAD company sounds interesting, and you could certainly do something similar in this case. However, please note that we will not refer anyone to you for assistance, but you would have to find the potential customers yourself.

In most cases, affiliates work online and online only, but there is nothing that says that has to be the case, as long as the final purchase takes place through our online store (website) and after clicking on an affiliate link, which will identifiy you as the referring source of the sale. To personally discuss the product and demo it for potential customers sounds like an extremely effective way to convince them to make a purchase. You would just have to make sure that instead of the code number you are mentioning, you'd have to give them an affiliate link (which you would get from the affiliate networks I mentioned in my first post) to use when buying.

Feel free to email me at skorling@imsidesign.com for more information or if you need help getting setup as an affiliate. I would be very happy to help!

Sofia

* July 13, 2011, 06:22:54 AM
I have tried twice to send you an email and both times I have gotten a message saying that it cannot be delivered. I have signed up at onenetworkdirect.com but when i try to log in it says that my account is inactive. can you help me.

July 13, 2011, 11:10:31 AM
Hi -

Sorry about that. I have a feeling I know what's going on here. Will send you a private message through the Forum with more info.

Anyone else that has issues contacting IMSI/Design via email, feel free to send me a message as well.

Sofia

February 29, 2012, 09:40:07 AM
Hi all -

Just a quick note to let everyone know that as of tomorrow, March 1st, the IMSI/Design affiliate program will be available through Commission Junction (www.cj.com) only. I have updated the information above to reflect this.

By the way, I would love to see more of you become affiliates with us - A great way to make some extra money while recommending something you're most likely already recommending! ;) If you have any questions or would like some help figuring out how this setup could work for your specific case, please send me an email at skorling@imsidesign.com!

Best regards,
Sofia
skorling@imsidesign.com