TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Configuration Backup?
Read 802 times
October 25, 2011, 11:30:30 AM
About configuration,  I've spent some time setting up toolbars, new kbd shortcuts, pop-up menus, desktop etc. and it occured to me that if all this crashed or got corrupted it would set me back several hours with a re-install or replacing one or more config file...where ever that is....

Is there a way I can protect my time with a backup of some sorts if this should happen - keybd shorts, menus, custom toolbars etc?

Many thanks! 

Version 20.2, BUILD 51.3, Pro Plat, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, GigabyteMB with AMD 6 core cpu - 3.4ghz, 8 gb ram, 1 gb Nvidia GeForce GTS 450.

* October 25, 2011, 12:39:30 PM
1. Create a custom config file. It depends on which UI you are using on where it is located. If you are using the Standard UI, it is under Tools:Customize. Pick Setup, type in a name in the "Save In" box, and save. If you are using the Themes UI, it is under Tools:Workspace:Customize. Type in a name in the "Save In" box, and save.

2. Go to your User Data folder, and make a backup all the files with the name you gave to your custom config file. There may be one or two.. depending on which UI you are using.

3. Go to your Data folder, and backup the tcw18_xml.ini file, and the Desktop18.ist file.

Put these in a safe place.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

October 25, 2011, 04:52:21 PM
Thank you,, I shall do this right away!

Best wishes.

Version 20.2, BUILD 51.3, Pro Plat, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, GigabyteMB with AMD 6 core cpu - 3.4ghz, 8 gb ram, 1 gb Nvidia GeForce GTS 450.