TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

arrowheads on lines
Read 3645 times
* December 16, 2010, 03:35:08 PM
I need to put arrowheads on lines that I have in my drawings, (not to scale)
I am running TC 16.1 is there a way to do that, I have used search but cant find anything on the subject.

Thanks Ken

* December 16, 2010, 03:52:34 PM
You could use the Polyline tool for basic arrowheads (see bottom of link) or the Leader dimension tool for a variety of arrows.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:07:37 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

December 16, 2010, 03:54:21 PM
TCAD calls lines with arrows on them "leaders".  You can find the leader tool in the dimension flyout.  You can set them up to have text associated, either plain, in rectangular boxes or bubbles, and with lots of options.  All sorts of arrow heads, sizes, and so on.

A typical use for them is to identify components on a drawing, with a number in a bubble that refers to an embedded spreadsheet.  You can click on the drawing to place the leader, click where you want the text to go, and tab into a text box.  Type your text, and hit alt-F to finish.

Roland

Roland Aldridge
Windows 7 ultimate, Core i7 3.07GHz, 4 cores, 9G memory GEForce GTX 285

* December 16, 2010, 04:04:29 PM
Back in Version 4, which didn't have the style arrowhead I wanted, I used to make my own, using the Polyline tool. I'd place its Reference Point right at the tip and then Rubber Stamp copies wherever they were needed. After placing a copy at the end of an existing line, rotating  into alignment with that line was simple: grab the X rotation handle and "N" snap it to the line.

Henry H

* December 17, 2010, 09:45:12 AM
Would hurt to add the arrow heads to symbol library for later use. ;) Save it tcw.or dwg,dxf, file load in the symbol folder.And good for the next round of arrow head usage

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* December 17, 2010, 10:31:57 AM
Thanks John that is just what I needed 8)

March 22, 2011, 10:59:22 AM
Back in Version 4, which didn't have the style arrowhead I wanted, I used to make my own, using the Polyline tool. I'd place its Reference Point right at the tip and then Rubber Stamp copies wherever they were needed. After placing a copy at the end of an existing line, rotating  into alignment with that line was simple: grab the X rotation handle and "N" snap it to the line.

Henry H

How did you "fill" the arrow head to make it solid?
I've tried to use thicker lines and it just gets blurry when I pan out.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

* March 22, 2011, 11:31:09 AM

Henry H

How did you "fill" the arrow head to make it solid?
I've tried to use thicker lines and it just gets blurry when I pan out.

Select the arrowhead(s); open the drop-down list in the "Brush Pattern" window at the top of your screen (it'll probably be showing "None" before you open it); click the solid black box near the top of the list.

Another way: Select the arrowhead (or select as many as you wish at the same time); right click to open the Local Menu; click "Brush" in the left-hand pane; click the solid black box near the top of the list of patterns; click OK.

...Or follow either of these procedures after activating the Polyline tool and before actually using it to draw your arrowhead. But be aware this setting will "stick" to the Polyline tool until you explicitly reset the Brush pattern to "None."

Henry H