TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Grips Not Grabbing Corners, Vertex, etc.
Read 225 times
* October 11, 2018, 01:28:23 PM
Using TC Pro Platinum 2017:  When using the Move tool in 2D, the grips will not grab the exact corner or vertex, etc. of the object. The box containing the grips is offset an equal distance (X and Y dimensions) from the corner or vertex I am trying to grab. I can't figure any Snap setting or setting in Preferences that may affect this. I have closed out the program and re-booted to see if that helps, no help.
Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Thanks!

* October 12, 2018, 02:03:58 AM
Can you copy and paste the object into a new drawing, check if the problem still occurs and if so post that new drawing.

* October 12, 2018, 09:54:23 AM
How are you moving the object; drag-n-drop or picking it up?

I activated the "Transform / Move" tool, selected a 2D object to move, then Vertex (V) snapped a corner. The 2D object is now stuck (picked up) to the cursor. I then Middle (M) snapped to another 2D object. A copy of the object was located in the proper position.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* October 17, 2018, 09:54:28 AM
With my problem, the grip box with grips, is always offset some small distance away from the vertex, point, etc. that I am trying to grab, no matter how much I move the pointer around. This happens with the dimension tool as well. The dimension grip doesn't hit the vertex, etc. even though I have the correct snaps on. I have IMSI Design, associated with TC Help, looking at a file I sent them. What I don't know is if the problem I am having will transfer for them to see as well.