Author Topic: Need help using zoom functions with mouse scroller  (Read 2231 times)

SAR514

Need help using zoom functions with mouse scroller
« on: February 06, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
I recently installed my TC version 11 on a new laptop and started using a wireless [MS] mouse.  Now the scroll wheel won't operate the zoom functions.  I previously had no problems with hardwire mouse.  I tried that mouse on my new laptop and it doesn't work either.
Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks

wd

• Royal Member
Re: Need help using zoom functions with mouse scroller
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »
See if Intellimouse is activated (1)Tools (2)Customize(3) Intellimouse(4)Forward(5) Save.Next check (1)Options (2)Program Setup(3)Preference(4)Advance Settings)(6) Zoom Factor at 1.5

W.D.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:12:18 AM by wd »
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

SAR514

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »
First - thanks for your response.
I tried both methods with no success.
The intellimouse is activated.  Under "Options" the zoom factor had been set at 2, so no big difference there.
If you can think of anything else, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks again.

wd

• Royal Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49:23 AM »
The other thing that comes to mind is the mouse drivers are up to date?But first see under Mouse Properties the Wheel  is set for 3 both in Vertical & Horizontal.It May be different in Xp or Vista.I'm using Windows 7 Pro.I hoping you have good batteries in your mouse? Last try differnt mouse .In long run mouse might be incompatible.

W.D.

EDIT: What are using Xp,Vista,W7?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:16:34 AM by wd »
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

Kevin T

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
I too had a similar problem, used a wired mouse with XP and vista and it zoomed perfectly, not only in TurboCAD but photos etc. The I changed to an MS wireless setup and the zoom just seemed to stop working.

I'm not sure how I found it out (or if I had to change any settings), but if I held the Control key and scrolled the mouse it would zoom. Since then I've set the side button on the mouse to the control function and use that when I need to zoom.

Let me know if it works\1

KT

John R

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
I believe someone else had similar problems with a MS wireless mouse and updating the drivers for it helped.
John R.

V17, V18, V19, V20, V21
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Vista 64-bit SP2

Cliff

• Running Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Funny:
When I invoke MENU / TOOLS / CUSTOMIZE / OPTIONS / ADDITIONAL DEVICES SETUP
 I get the dialog box in the picture below which only causes me confusion because only one option optons   about the dialog box  seems on the surface to have any connection with a mouse function. There is no reference to buttons.  I have lots of buttons . There is a Wheel assignment thgouth.
My mouse functions just fine  but reading this thread I tried that  command path and got this result.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:27:29 AM by Cliff »
Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

Carroll P

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »
I have a MS mouse that I purchased a while back and it would not zoom either in TC but  worked correctly in other programs. I would go to all programs and see if you have  microsoft mouse folder. If you do then open it then go to mouse help. There it should have reassign buttons for a specific program. I would read it and try that. I had to add TC and then everything worked fine.

If you don't have microsoft mouse in programs then you will need to go on line and download your version of the mouse and then try. I hope this will help a little. Carroll 
Carroll D. Peppersack
TurboCad 14.2 Deluxe
TurboCad 20 Plat

John R

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
re: …I get the dialog box in the picture below which only causes me confusion because only one option optons   about the dialog box…

The Wheel Assignment option found in Additional Devices Setup, didn't become available until version 17.
John R.

V17, V18, V19, V20, V21
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Vista 64-bit SP2

wd

• Royal Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:59:02 AM »
RE: To Button Quest "There is no reference to buttons.  I have lots of buttons . There is a Wheel assignment though." Mouse may not be fully compatible with Tc in the button options that's offer with your mouse.Keep in mind its only for wheel assignment or selected keys strokes.Minimum diversity.Keyboard is the next step for additional assign keystrokes which is available as option.

Cliff

• Running Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »
The Wheel Assignment option found in Additional Devices Setup, didn't become available until version 17.

Ahhh mili grazi
Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum