TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Dimension Orientation Problem
Read 104 times
* August 11, 2018, 11:55:14 PM
I have drawn a survey map and when I dimension the boundary lengths one dimension is orientated in reverse and I cant seem to change it to suite the others - dimension 160.848 m on the attached drawing. The second issue -  how do I change dimensions from mm to meters; I changed all of these measurements manually.

* August 12, 2018, 12:59:49 AM
There is a units page in the properties you can switch the units from "by drawing" to any other format in the pull down list.

To correct the orientation of your dimension try this - only if you are working in 2d

ctrl+A (Select all)
ctrl+alt+W (change to the world workplane)
shift+alt+W (place current selection on workplane)

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* August 12, 2018, 03:31:58 AM
Welcome.   

What TC type and version are you using.   (for example 2016 designer / 2017 deluxe or pro).   in designer everything is stuck on the world workplane, so the only option I can think of is to explode the text and manually rotate it,  not a good solution as the dimension is no longer associated with the object.

In deluxe of pro, on can manipulate the workplane to get the text to display as required.

* August 12, 2018, 04:57:28 AM
The orientation of the text you want to change looks correct to me. It does depend on the angle of the line. It might look like the dimension is up side down if you rotate it.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* August 12, 2018, 02:30:57 PM
Thanks
I have TurboCad Pro Platinum 2017 64 -bit. I am only working in 2d and exploding the dimension and rotating it appears to be the easiest solution.

* August 17, 2018, 04:32:14 PM
Check that you are working in 2d and on the world work plan if you right click the dimension tool button or dimension itself it will allow you to edit the properties you should be able to  change the measurements from mm  to M  you can also chose whether to position text abo, online or below the dimension line which will make it look the same as the rest. its also helpfull to attach a tcw file so people can check the file itself but your problens seen to be associated to the programme or tool properties

turbocad pro 11
windows 10
intel dual core 3.3 ghz