TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Help Please
Read 261 times
June 14, 2018, 11:08:35 AM
Hello,
I have a drawing I am trying to produce but i am struggling with one part of it. So I am asking for help/advice on this.
So please see attached 2D drawing of the product and as you will see the contacts curve inwards at the ends but I cannot figure out how to do this, using Deluxe 2017, I know it probably a really easy fix in Pro but...
I have also attached my 3D file have produced so you can see the problem I am having.

Any suggestion will be gratefully received :)

James B

"Was" Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620

* June 14, 2018, 02:46:51 PM
James.   I don't know if this is the correct shape, as I only glanced at the pdf, and didn't bother with any sizes.

Its made from extruding the red and blue closed profiles, then Boolean intersecting.  Next I extruded the green and Boolean intersecting with the resultant object (this gives the rounded bottom edges).  Then extruded the cyan and subtracted it.  Lastly added the bent handle (magenta).

* June 14, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
My two bits. I made a Spin with a 6mm radius of the body, then reduced the rotation angle to 12.12879°. This method will give you a smoother bend. It just needs some work to make the point.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

June 14, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
Hi,
John & Andy, I really appreciated the replies thank you very much.
In the end I followed Andy's instructions and it worked perfectly :)  see attached :)
Yeah :)
thank you thank you thank you 

"Was" Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620