TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Keep getting this error message?
Read 385 times
* January 13, 2018, 09:26:29 AM
When I try to pull a part that I created, from my library.  I get "Object extents are invalid.  Object(s) will be deselected!"  Then my part disappears?  It does not do it on all parts, just some.  What would cause that?  Just switched to Deluxe 2017, I didn't have this problem in Deluxe 2015, that I can remember.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* January 13, 2018, 09:35:18 AM
Ok, figured that out.  It was because the part is not saving in the correct layer.  So when I open it, its in some default layer "0".  Then I am having to manually change the layer of the part to the correct layer in my drawing.  Is there a way to save a part, so it places it in a particular layer from the library?  For instance this part is a post.  I want to drag this post from my library, and it be on my posts layer every time I use that part. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* January 13, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
I would say you are working with "Layer_0" turned off. Symbols are initially placed on Layer_0 as a Group object. If Layer_0 is off, you'll get the "Object extents are invalid.…" message because it can't ‘see’ the symbol.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit