TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Lost UI
Read 146 times
* July 17, 2017, 09:07:59 AM
I recently upgraded from TC17 to 2016 Platinum Pro.

To familiarized myself with the newer format, I was running thru Don Cheke's liquid cylinder tutorial.

After setting up my user interface to my liking and running thru the tutorial to the rendering section, I had a windows update, after which my UI has totally changed!

1. All my displayed standard icons have been replaced with icons that I rarely use (roof wall modifier, underlay, hatch pattern creator, etc., etc.
2. The menu bar seems to have defaulted to the TC17 version.  For example, the drop down pallets section is now icon listed in the View menu when it was listed in the Modify drop down (I think) under Pallets.
3. When I right click on the menu section, the Customize window lists multiple Customs Toolbars 1-20 in the various tabs, no specific groups as before.

This, added to my disappointment that lightworks is not included in the 2016 Platinum Pro without an add in is almost making me want to go back to the TC17 version.  The reason I don't is that it is 32 bit and runs out of memory when rendering.

* July 17, 2017, 09:52:26 AM
After you do changes on the UI you need to go and save it in Customize/ Options>> Save In, and it should be a unike name, dont use any of the standard names as they maybe will be replaced during an update or similar, in the Save In area, just overwrite the standard name with something else.
Then you can later use Load from in the same area to bring it back again if you need to.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 18, 2017, 05:15:56 AM
Yes, but something else has happened.

There are no tool groupings to select.  See my second jpg above.

Also, the menu seems to have defaulted to my TC17 version.  Out of the box there was a standard UI and tool grouping -- this has now changed.

Something has short circuited!

* July 18, 2017, 05:54:38 AM
If you have made a unice cfg with the Tools like you want them placed out on your screen, go to Customize/ Options and about halfway down that menu there stand "Load from" on a button, below that button there is a field with txt and a Arrow, click on the Arrow and select your cfg, then click on the "Load from" button above and you should have your normal cfg back again, include all the toolbar's

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 18, 2017, 11:31:06 AM
This is what I get for tools when I click on the "Default" button on the "Options" page. Looking at all those "custom" toolbars, did you load a configuration/workspace supplied by Don. If you used TurboCAD in V17, you could use the "tc_1024x768pro_classic" workspace, as it is like the original TurboCAD (not AutoCAD).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 20, 2017, 07:48:00 AM
Thanks Torfinn and JohnR

From your posts I was able to restore my UI the way I wanted it.

Don't know why the W10 update that I ran changed the interface.