TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Material editor changes all objects in layer instead of just the one desired
Read 121 times
* July 03, 2017, 03:58:50 PM
RESOLVED

I didn't realize that applying the same material to various objects (regardless of changes made) would apply to all objects using that material.
Somehow I thought that if for example I changed the color and then applied the same material to another object, the different objects would retain those distinct color attributes.   Not the case.   To resolve this I created a new material for the different objects....BOTH were Mostly Clear Glass material but I wanted different colors for different objects

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I'm using the materials editor to change the properties of an object and for reasons I cannot understand, it changes ALL of the objects in that later to match.  When I RENDER them, they all go to the changes made to the one.

In this case I have 6 LED models, 3 are clear and 3 are red.    But whenever I change one of the red ones, those properties are instantly applied to all the other leds.  Which means I cannot have 3 red and 3 white because the instant I change one, they ALL change to the new settings.

Is there a setting to stop this behavior?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:35:57 PM by CapricornOne »

TurboCAD v11 Professional

July 17, 2017, 05:36:56 AM
Yes, this happens because you are changing the properties of that material from the database. The only workaround is to create a new material as you already did.