TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Volumetric effects
Read 2062 times
* March 21, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
These are examples of using volumetric effects in TurboCAD 2017

See: https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/display/T2UG/RedSDK+Volumetric+Environment

Vlad

* March 21, 2017, 11:59:16 AM
Thanks for the files Vlad,   I only installed v2017 today so it will take me a while to get to grips with everything, those files will certainly help when I'm ready for volumetrics.

* March 21, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
Thanks for the files Vlad,   I only installed v2017 today so it will take me a while to get to grips with everything, those files will certainly help when I'm ready for volumetrics.

Andy,

Welcome. This is a very powerful TC 2017 feature and at the same time quite complicated. TCW models greatly simplify the study of this topic.

Vlad

* May 28, 2017, 12:27:44 PM
A bit of Applied Optics. Using TC to obtain the color dispersion. :)

The following interesting things can be observed

-   Using thin volumetric effects with scattering as screens for display pictures without loss of quality (like samples) and very quickly (10 sec per picture).

-   Using thin volumetric effects with absorption  as color filter

-   The number of volumetric effects is more than default value (7)

Vlad
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:30:05 PM by Vlad Veselov »

* December 23, 2017, 05:02:58 PM
That is all pretty awesome, and, once again shows me how much of a 'neophyte' I am with this program.