TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

AnimationLab 6
Read 677 times
* March 08, 2017, 04:09:32 PM
I mentioned before but may as well do it again, As the title says AL needs updating.

AL5 is getting pretty old now and it needs better direct support for RedSDK - I could make a list :) , also support for the new v2016 'Active drawing' area, which is currently not supported - at least on my computer, in that one can change to a new material from the global (database) area, but not in the active drawing area or it throws up an error, (at least I don't know of any way to do it).

There are other things like Direct saving as MP4 and constraints without crashing would be nice (constraints work but can be temperamental), I could probably think of other things if I knew it would be updated someday.

All that said, I do understand its down to cost and usage, as other animation programs have fallen by the wayside because the amount of users couldn't justify the cost of continued development.

Andy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:02:01 PM by Andy H »

March 09, 2017, 12:19:28 AM
Agree with Andy!!!

And will be good add support for saving in .PNG as the next file format with Transparency.
GIF format (8 bits per pixel ) with the Transparency is fine for the web animation in lower quality.
But for animation in higher resolution 720p, 1080p, 4k, 8k ... would be good to have better format with supports palette-based images (with palettes of 24-bit RGB or 32-bit RGBA colors).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:13:34 AM by Majo »

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win 7 HP 64bit

TurboCAD Pro Platinum x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

* November 02, 2017, 02:34:37 AM
Also when working in the anilab editor can we get some simple modifications like using tab key to move between the columns and rows rather being tied completely to the mouse.

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best