Author Topic: Bedroom Sold! - using fast Realtime Advanced Rendering!  (Read 2634 times)

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
Bedroom Sold! - using fast Realtime Advanced Rendering!
« on: April 20, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
Just thought I would share these renders with you.

I used the Realtime Advanced Rendering in these.

Hit render.....10 seconds later the first render then changing to saved camera positions the renders in one second!

I think after many tweaks getting the AO to look good they turned out okay and I have settings that I did not think was achievable in the very short time they take to display   :)

I love the soft look/lighting and will start to use Realtime more......no more long waiting for results!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:12:16 AM by Darrel Carl Durose »
Daz...
V21 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition - Build 27.3
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 12GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives Raid 1 MIRROR config, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

Tim Stewart

Re: Bedroom Sold! - using fast Realtime Advanced Rendering!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »
Very nice Darrel.

I really like the ruffled-bed look - it adds some realism, which is often missing from some squeaky-clean modeling.  8)

I tried this some years ago in v16, but, commercial pressures meant that I ran out of time to do much else with it.  You've given us encouragement to try some more!

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:31:15 AM by Tim Stewart »
You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with XP SP3/Win 8 and various TC 32-bit/64-bit versions.

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »
Very Nice Tim  :)

Time often runs out for us. I am glad I have found a fast render render solution for some projects like this.

I am going to trial the Realtime render/environment on my less capable laptop to see if it works. Realtime is more GPU based for its output. I will then offer it for other users to use in their scenes.
Daz...
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 12GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives Raid 1 MIRROR config, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
Here is a kitchen using the settings.....added lots of details and quite good results  :)
Daz...

Tim Stewart

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 04:05:32 AM »
Here is a kitchen using the settings.....added lots of details and quite good results  :)

Daz,  I think you're getting the hang of it - nice to see the trade mark (empty?) bottle of wine!

Yes, TC has certainly come on, in leaps and bounds, over the last few versions.  I wonder how steep the learning curve has become, for new users?

Is your laptop running in 64-bit mode?

Regards Tim

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:26 AM »
Yeah Tim

64bit.....32 bit would have given up  ::) it uses 5.8GB of Ram to load/display the render....peeking at about 8.2GB!  :o
Daz...

Tim Stewart

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 05:01:56 AM »

Ooops!  I  should have looked at the signature!

Looks like I'll have to keep saving my pennies, for a new rendering workstation . . . although for most development work, 98% of the time, it isn't necessary.

Oh, by the way, I've been using MaxiVista for a couple of weeks now with TC, on two machines, and  I am really impressed.  Which, for me, is saying a lot.  It isn't often that I find software this exciting!  TC?  it just wore me down into submission.  ;D

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Regards Tim

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 05:07:36 AM »
Good to hear the Monitor software is working for you Tim. Good to know for us TC users that it is a solution for multi monitors if we have a spare ageing Laptop that we can make use of.  :)

Software it only exciting for me if it works and help me earn a living, TC is a help!.  8)
Daz...

Henry Hubich

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »
Just thought I would share these renders with you.

I used the Realtime Advanced Rendering in these.

Hit render.....10 seconds later the first render then changing to saved camera positions the renders in one second!

I think after many tweaks getting the AO to look good they turned out okay and I have settings that I did not this achievable in the very short time they take to display   :)

I love the soft look/lighting and will start to use Realtime more......no more long waiting for results!

I do too!

Henry H

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
  • For Comprehensive TurboCAD Tutorials
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 06:59:19 AM »
Looks great Darrel. The pattern on the quilt seems to follow the folds quite well. How did you manage that? I have often needed a quilting pattern to follow around a radius and a flat top (as one might find on a mattress) and have only stumbled across it on rare occasions.

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:38 AM »
Thanks Don :-)

I remember playing around with many Wrapping options before using the following:

Local Auto Axis with a Wrapped Height Map as image attached  :)
Daz...

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »

I remember playing around with many Wrapping options before using the following:

Thanks Darrel. I am afraid that Local Auto Axis won't work for my needs. Too bad .

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:41 AM »
What about UV Mapping Don?

I have played with it and on a loft profile I made for a crisp packet it worked very well.
Daz...

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:33:39 AM »
What about UV Mapping Don?

I have played with it and on a loft profile I made for a crisp packet it worked very well.

I have been avoiding it, but I guess I will give it a whirl.

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »
Yeah

I find that minimal node points for curved surfaces work the best as you don't end up with loads of 2D Part Objects to define over your image.  8)
Daz...

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 08:55:22 AM »
Don

Just played with 3DPDF and UV mapping very quickly....works great! see attached
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:11:10 AM by Darrel Carl Durose »
Daz...

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 09:25:50 AM »
Yeah

I find that minimal node points for curved surfaces work the best as you don't end up with loads of 2D Part Objects to define over your image.  8)

That is what I hate about UV Mapping. It's great if you have a six sided box, but not so great if you require rounded edges or other required embellishments. It is almost not worth the effort in my humble opinion. Maybe it gets easier with practice but life is too short sometimes.

Henry Hubich

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »

Thanks for sharing the image, Daz.

Henry H

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »
Yes, I think it gets easier Don.

I am glad that once you have created an initial map on an object (like the crisp packets) and want to change for all the varieties of flavours, all you have to do is copy the material and point the image in the material to a new image. I think you have to think before you model if you are going to use UV mapping.  :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:36:50 AM by Darrel Carl Durose »
Daz...

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43:46 AM »
Henry

I didn't realise how small the image is.....and thats what I used. See below a better image.. :)

I have "PhotoZoomed" it for you and others that could find it useful.....should be less noisy and you should not have to ramp up the softness to much in the Height map shader  :)
Daz...

Henry Hubich

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
Henry

I didn't realise how small the image is.....and thats what I used. See below a better image.. :)

I have "PhotoZoomed" it for you and others that could find it useful.....should be less noisy and you should not have to ramp up the softness to much in the Height map shader  :)

Thanks, Daz.

Henry H

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
Your welcome Henry

On another note Don and everyone:

I have been delving a bit deeper into the UV mapping, Surface objects have "Auto Segmentation" capabilities which means filleted edges are not broken down into "2D objects" for UV Map control. You can see that the Green highlighted face includes half of the filleted corners in the image below.  8)

I created a box, filleted the edges then changed it to a surface object then applied the UV mapping.
Daz...

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »
Your welcome Henry

I have been delving a bit deeper into the UV mapping, Surface objects have "Auto Segmentation" capabilities which means filleted edges are not broken down into "2D objects" for UV Map control. You can see that the Green highlighted face includes half of the filleted corners in the image below.  8)

I created a box, filleted the edges then changed it to a surface object then applied the UV mapping.

Nice detective work Darrel. That definitely helps, although the vertical corners are a bit iffy, at least on the pattern I was trying.

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »
Your welcome Henry

Nice detective work Darrel. That definitely helps, although the vertical corners are a bit iffy, at least on the pattern I was trying.

I suspect what I am after is not even possible in the real world. I also suspect that what you came up with is as best as one can hope at the vertical corners.

Darrel Durose

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »
Don

I take it you are talking about the corners of the duvet point out at the bottom....just trying that now and the surface object after node editing does bring those points (triangulations)  :-)
Daz...

Brad Easterday

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
    • dean3 Design
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 07:20:15 AM »
Really nice work Daz! Thanks for the insights too.
BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1